Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Crazy Quilt

Hi everyone. 

It is time once again for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. Thank you again to everyone who joined our last challenge. Using just 3 colors was tricky, but 3 colors was the challenge theme. Some of you got a little enthused about colors, and although I get it, can't be included in the choice for top 5. Before I forget, let me also thank Rosi who was our guest designer for that challenge.

It's time once again for another 2 week challenge, and this time our challenge is 
Pretty Papers


I decided to use some nautical papers that I have and that I like for this challenge. To showcase them I tore them into pieces and created a paper crazy quilt. After the glue dried on my paper, I used  my sewing machine to stitch around most of them,  and just like in a real crazy quilt you have odd shaped pieces of fabric that are usually top stitched.


I die cut a lot of images to add to my page.  Some of those images I left the color of the paper, but a couple of them I colored with paint or markers. The words along the bottoms were stenciled on with a black Sharpie.


I also wanted a bit of bling on my page, so I used some sequins to create the water that the ship is sailing on.

This challenge runs for the next 2 weeks, and all kinds of art is accepted. Just showcase some pretty paper in your art.

I hope you're feeling inspired by pretty papers and join us for this challenge.

Besides linking up to Try It on Tuesday, I am also linking up to Alison's Come Fly with Me challenge at Art Journal Journey

Thanks for stopping by my blog. 



 

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I LOVE your crazy quilt, it's gorgeous. Hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Pretty papers seems like a great theme. Reminds me of when I was a child, six or seven years old maybe, and coloured wrapping paper, especially metallic types, were treasures, carefully folded and kept in a drawer. Simple pleasures! Hugs - David

nwilliams6 said...

Oh Wow, Erika, I love your colors, patterns and VERY cool ship. You did a really fab job with texture and design on this. Feels so magical. Hugz

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the design and the colour. Beautiful!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning-I am love with this piece-I would frame it and enjoy on the wall hugs
Kathy

Tom said...

...we went to a quilt show this weekend. I'm crazy about quilts.

Christine said...

Lovely page

Pia S said...

The patchwork style is fabulous and the stitching enhances the effect. This is so creative and fun!

Joan said...

Love your patchwork quilt of papers Erica, also the nautical theme with the ship, anchor and bird, right up my street !



Joanx

The Padre said...

Notes From The Sea , Brilliant

Cheers

Meggymay said...

I love the fantastic quilt effect of your background to this page Erika. It looks like you had fun creating it as well. Its a fantastic scene and page and great inspiration for the new TioT theme.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your crazy quilt and I love how you treated this challenge, Some of those papers were gorgeous, Erika.

Neet said...

What a super idea to make a patchwork out of the papers and then sew around them. Great. idea, looks good.
I do like the sailing ship and the net with the sequins. I recognise the reef knot from my Girl Guide days (Scouts in America?).
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

That's a stunning collage page for my AJJ theme Erika! I love the colours!
Alison

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a pretty quilt *wow* I love it and fits the theme fabulously.
Hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is fabulous Erika, love the nautical theme. Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the crazy patchwork background and how you've added the top stitching, really looks like a stormy sea for your ship. Love the little sea bird die cuts.
Avril xx