Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Purple and Blue Butterflies

 Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday. 

It is  quickly moving towards the end of July. Summer is, as  usual, flying by, but my hope is that the  weather here in New England stays like it was last weekend so we have some beautiful summer weather ahead, and hopefully, maybe, not so much sticky,  humid and wet weather when we get into August. 😎 Today I am going to share a page for both Alison's Come Fly with Me challenge at Art Journal Journey and also this month's Anything Goes challenge #95 at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog.

Google added my photos in reverse order, so let me start with a close up. 


You can see I started by inking my background page and then stamping on it. I then added some blue paper I texturized as well as a blue-grey hardware store paint card.  I also added some washi tape, some die cut and embossed butterflies, a gold paper sun, as well as some mini confetti flowers and some black painted rings.


I might have gone just a hare too crazy with the painted rings, but oh well, I had fun stamping them.


And since butterflies love flowers, let me share a few more photos from my trip 2 weeks ago (boy that time flew) to the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.














That's all for me today. Hope you week is going well.





17 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your butterfly piece is very lovely, Erika. The way that you crafty people are able to rise to any theme presented, you could have bookmarks tailored to all the topics on your bookshelf. I swoon at the thought! Delightful shots from your visit to the Botanical Gardens. As you say flowers and butterflies go together. hugs - David

Tom said...

...the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens looks like a delight. The Stewartia is my favorite.

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a lovely garden! Those flowers are really pretty.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, lovely flowers-we are burning up here at the lake-back to the 100's F again sigh
your page is beautiful with the textures and colors
Happy mid-week hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, love the colours, and of course, the beautiful butterflies, a wonderful page for Alison's challenge! Nice hotos from the gardens, too, it's a pretty place. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful page and stunning flowers. I hate that July has whizzed by

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the thought in your butterfly art piece.

What a tempting botanical garden! Nothing would suit me better :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Your butterfly page is so pretty. So are the flowers in the botanical garden. Stay cool today. The humidity is supposed to drop over the weekend and the beginning of next week. At least we don't have to shovel humidity.😺

Iris Flavia said...

A wonderful quote and page with it!
I love the combination of the colors and materials!
Ohhh, and all the flowers, wonderful!
I gave up on my poppies. Hugs

DVArtist said...

Beautiful art and so many lovely flowers. Have a nice day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was enamored by the butterflies you chose. Love the texture of them. It's a really charming entry for Alison's theme at AJJ.

More lovely flowers at Coastal Maine Botanical Garden. I like how the colors were so bright and cheery. Just really beautiful photos, Erika.

WendyK said...

Beautiful page and photos from your trip. I have many of those flowers in my garden. Hope you are keeping well, hugs Wendy.

Neet said...

A delightful page for your journal, I love the fact that. it has texture. This shows up really well with the butterflies and the sun (love the face).
You say you got carried away with the circle stamping - I did just the same with my coffee stains earlier today. The only thing is yours look fine and not overdone, mine cloud out my lettering. Ah well.
Gorgeous photos, love the red hot poker and the deeply coloured poppy following.
Hugs, neet xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page and such gorgeous blooms!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a pretty journal page and beautiful flower photos!
Hug Elke

Andree said...

A gorgeous page. Very pretty with fabulous layers and lovely textures.
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hello lovely Erika, so sorry I am such a bad visitor at present, home life and care duties are very difficult right now leaving no online free time :(
So nice to see your addition to Creative Artiste's July Challenge what a glorious colourway full of texture.. you can never have enough stamped rings!!
Thanks so much for joining and supporting it's gratefully appreciated.
Take care Hugs Tracey xx