Thursday, July 20, 2023

Tea Party

 Hi everyone.Another week is flying by, isn't it? 

This week seems to be the week for T parties,. Not only was this week's T day a big 10 year party (T Day 10 Year Celebration) but it is also the theme at Rain's Art and Dinner Date . 

Here's a couple of pages from my Charleston (South Carolina) travel journal. I just love cutting up brochures and figuring out ways to make pages that bring back memories of the things/events/places I want to remember. These trip journals I make aren't exactly scrap books, maybe more junk journals. But then, they aren't exactly a junk journal either. 😏

This first page even explains how to make the perfect cup of tea for the tea party. Of course being summer maybe you prefer yours iced.


I am also going to link this page to Alison's Come Fly With Me challenge at Art Journal Journey. The bald eagle works for that. You may wonder why there is a bald eagle on my page.


When we were driving out of the tea plantation (that my pages are about), we noticed a large number of large birds on the ground right next to the road.  Most of them were turkey vultures, but in the mix was one bald eagle.  We both said "There's a bald eagle." at the same time, and then my friend turned her car around to head back to the birds. Just as we arrived another car came in the opposite directions with their windows open and their music blasting, so we only were able to watch the bald eagle fly off. But I had to add the eagle in to remember this mini-adventure of the trip.

I made my page using strips of leafy washi tape and then some green ink to blend it all together. Then I added some brochure  and tourist booklet cut outs along with my die cut and colored eagle.


And let me pour you a cup of tea for the T party. Some of you who were also by my blog for Tuesday’s T day post mentioned how many infusion “tea" boxes that I had. The reason I have so many is that it was cheaper to buy a set (on Amazon) than to get individual boxes. 


Here are my 2 favorites.  These infusions are made with herbs and fruit. They do a great job flavoring water, and they have been my go to drinks for the past month.


I'll end my post with my big insulated thermos which is filled with some flavored water, and I know, you can't see it. You'll just have to take my word for it-smile.  The stickers on my jug came on it and are part of the design.

That's all for me. I'm thinking I might try to do some gardening before the day heats up. I hope you're week is going well.





20 comments:

Tom said...

...have a "T"errific day.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like your tea themed journal pages with the green tea background. No, today's a day to sip some iced tea while lounging in the hammock. Or should that be on the hammock?

Divers and Sundry said...

What a nicely decorated thermos! The Thursday T party looks like fun :)

Angie's Recipes said...

The green reminds me of matcha powder :-)

Gillena Cox said...

Very interesting T blog post today Erika. Thanks for dropping by my blog

Much💜love

Christine said...

Lovely tea post Erika!

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful journals, after my father had passed my Mom and one of her best friends traveled the world for many years. she always made travel journals too-fun to make and fun to look through again for the memories.
I have always loved Bigelow teas-they are coming out with allot of new ones lately

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your tea party page - of course, for me it would be a bit better if it was a coffee party! But those cold infusions look good, I've nevr tried them - yet! Enjoy your gardening, I'm having a rest day here! Hugs, Valerie

Carola Bartz said...

The "junk journal" looks beautiful and I liked the story with the bald eagle. Too bad that the other car passed by with such loud music. The infusion tea bags look very tempting, I don't know whether I would buy two boxes right away when I'm not sure that I'd really like them. Maybe I should look at one of our grocery stores first.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also thought it was ironic that Rain chose tea this week. Couldn't have been more perfect if I had the chance to play.

I still don't understand the concept of "junk journal." Scrap journal, visual journal, or art journal, but the items we put into our journals are NOT JUNK. They may be trifle to some, but not junk. Just like these awesome pages you created. What a great entry you have given including sharing this with AJJ using Alison's theme.

To answer your question about the postage stamp I used todau, please return to my post and thanks for asking.

Jeanie said...

YOu really do the best, most personal journals! I love them.

NatureFootstep said...

well, I´m a tea person so I go for the eagle. Always love to see the big eagles :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Inventive way to do those travel pages to qualify for AJJ. That's a whopper of a bald eagle story for sure and worth remembering. Why do people blare their music, it's rude and in a wildlife area too. Have fun with the flavored waters. Have you noticed that you are drinking less Coke? Have a lovely weekend, xxo

Neet said...

How fantastic to see a bald eagle, even if it was flying off. Bet the wingspan was magnificent to see.
Now I was always brought up (in a family/country of tea drinkers) to say one per person and one for the pot. Maybe Brits like a strong brew.
Saying that I don't touch it now, preferring infusions, which we call tessanes.
Love your page, the background made up of strips of washi tape is fabulous to look at. I love the alternate shades of dark and light. It contrasts beautifully with the grass on the brochure.
Hugs, Neet xx

Iris Flavia said...

I had hot tea, loads. It´s 18C, 64F... at lunchtime! Buhuuu.
So. You and your friends stay together for a year (German saying? Say the same word at the same time...)
I hate it when people think everyone wants to hear their music.
Cool stickered thermos! - Have a great day, hugs

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Any day with a Bald Eagle is memorable, Erika. Fortunately they are now quite common around the Great Lakes and we see them often. Several successful nests are within a fifteen minute drive from our house. Hugs - David

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

How disappointing that people with their loud music blasting scared away your eagle ... but, you did get to see him and some Turkey Vultures who are also awesome. Great memories and awesome way to remember them. I love Infusion Teas and your selection looks very tempting ... so where do you go with your big insulated thermos? I make tea in a paper coffee cup because it fits in the holder in my car and as I am forever in my car, it is nice to have something to sip on as I go. Delightful post, Erika ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is such a beautiful journal page with the clipping page to go with it. What a great creation!
Happy weekend, hug Elke

Liz Hinds said...

But do you put the milk in first or last?

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely tea post :)

All the best Jan