Thursday, July 27, 2023

In Bloom

 Hi everyone. 

 I wrote this post the other day.  July is starting to wind down and I still have some pages I  want to share for Alison's Come Fly with Me challenge at Art Journal Journey. That makes this a scheduled post.  I figured I had better post another one today because  if I didn't, there wouldn't be much time to get them all posted. Smile.

I mention this because my friend from North Carolina was visiting, and  I also picked up another shift at the lake. I haven't had much time to comment for the last couple of days, so if I don't get to your blog, it's not because I'm ignoring you.  


Today's page comes out of my Charleston (South Carolina) travel journal that I finished a few weeks ago. Coincidentally, I took that trip with this same visiting friend, so this page works in 2 ways, for Alison's challenge and for my company. Smile.
 I don't make my travel journal with any particular challenge in mind, but if a page fits, then I might just use it. Smile. 


The flowers were blooming when I visited the city back in mid-May, and they were gorgeous.  I started with a piece of 6x6 Graphic 45 paper. I wanted to show the lushness of the spring blooms in the city, and my paper also happens to have a hummingbird and some butterflies on it. Perfect for Alison's Come Fly with Me challenge.

The wording is cut from a tourist magazine, and then to finish my page I added a chipboard doorway/window as well as a paper vase image, both from TH. Both of these images  reminded me of those you find in many of the historical homes.

We didn't have time to tour any homes on the weekend I visited, but we did spend an afternoon wandering around the city's historic district. It was really beautiful, and here are some photos that inspired my page today.



















Have a great day!



9 comments:

Tom said...

...Charleston is a treasure!

Iris Flavia said...

Aaaand the frog came to help. 15cm. Eventually I will learn this ;-)
Very beautiful page and now I have the scene of "It´s a wonderful life" in front of my eyes where they dance the Charleston on the swimming pool deck!
Such a happy scene - as the stroll. The first pic is a real bummer. Great perspective and light. Wow. A beautiful place and I love the driveway sign - a very fun sign to warn someone. Just like Ned Flanders from The Simpsons would do it.
Great post, thank you and hugs

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page for my AJJ theme Erika, and lovely photos!
Hugs,
Alison

Divers and Sundry said...

And now I want to move there. That architecture is wonderful, and the plantings! I'd like to live everywhere for a year or two ;)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A wonderful journal page, great idea
Nice photos from the historic district, I always like that too!
Have a good days, hug Elke

Christine said...

Very pretty there!

CJ Kennedy said...

A very Southern charm to your page. Love the photos especially the iron gates. Gorgeous. Stay safe this afternnoon.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs Charleston looks a great place to visit.

All the best Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your page is outstanding, Erika, and the view of the cobbled street is a wonderful photograph. It all ties together. Well done. Hugs - David