Thursday, September 7, 2023

Book Week 1930

Hi everyone.

Today should be the day Maddie comes home. Hurrah!πŸ˜€ When the surgeon saw her Tuesday there was still a small hole in her bladder, although everything else looked healthy. The decision was made to give her 2 more healing days since she was just about, but not 100%, completely healed, so hopefully today everything will check out and she comes home.  I will know more later this morning when they call.

Today I have another page to share for Elle's challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month you can work with any combinations of Books, Cats and Tea. This time my page is about Book Week at school.


I had a collection of vintage book images in an old scrapbooking kit. It was time to use them, and these images worked perfectly for Elle’s challenge.  I know the Train Your Dog image isn't quite cohesive with cats, but I had to add it. smile

I tried to stencil some old writing onto the background, but I chose the wrong paint by mistake so it ended up more globby.  I still like it, and so I added my images once it had dried. To finish off the page I took some chipboard dots that were actually the waste of some different chipboard  images. I glued them down and then painted them in. 

In other news, as usual, garden produce is all coming in at the same time. The other day I picked the following:



And my new batch of spinach and kale are growing great. The lettuce is a bit slow, but it's coming along. I'm sure this week's heat isn't doing it any good. 


And here's a guy who will be as excited as we are to welcome Maddie home.


That's all for me today. I hope you're week is going well.





 

14 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Fingers crossed for Maddie!
That´s a fun page and I like the idea of a book week, too.
Wow on all your produce! Just not fun it all comes at once - what will you do?
Bet many yummy meals. Have a great day, hugs

Tom said...

...veggies can come in the strangest shapes.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Book week. Now there’s an event to celebrate with gusto. Every book, every topic, every nuance, every style, without censorship or prior determination that something is not suitable, every glorious word, every expression and sentiment of the author, every reaction of the reader, and the spiritual and intellectual benefit of society. That’s what book week is all about.

Jeanie said...

I love your art piece and the wonderful produce haul but the best part is that Maddie is coming home! I bet you'll all be thrilled to be with her again!

Valerie-Jael said...

How to train your dog is a possibility, how to train your cat would be almost impossible. So glad Maddie can soon come home, poor thing, that was a nasty injury. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

And I love those veggies, yummy!

Rostrose said...

Hello dear Erika,
I hope that Maddie actually came home from the dog clinic today feeling good and healed - and that she was also greeted with a friendly wagging tail!
I think the Train Your Dog image definitely fits the cat theme: After all, it's important that dogs are trained to get along well with cats :-D I definitely like your picture. Your harvest looks great too!
All the best, Traude
🌻🌺❤️🌺🌻
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/08/die-tiere-vom-tiergarten-schonbrunn.html

craftytrog said...

I love your page Erika, with that wonderful vintage image.
Your veggies look delicious too.
Hope Maddie is home soon.
Alison

Aimeslee Winans said...

And your header has changed once more! Are you trying difference ones?
I'm glad Maddie is staying until the hole heals. She will be the only patient in America not kicked out before it's time. I think back to 1988 when I had our daughter via C-section and stayed 5 days in hospital and nowadays you get released after 24 hours, it makes me glad I'm past child-bearing age. Your page is very sweet and I feel you about the paint through the writing stencil. Mine always globs up too when I use paint, I always load too much on the stencil brush or foam tool no matter what I use. So I usually just use ink. Anyway, your background looks fine and those chipboard dots are great. XOX

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oops, forgot to add, nice harvest! About the lettuce, we picked our last in early July, our greens in early August and I was amazed they both hung on through our summer! Both were planted in tubs in full sun, but Honey did water them every day. XOX

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing image. I love it. I love anything vintage, so this spread really spoke to me. Thanks for this wonderful entry for Elle's theme at AJJ, dear Erika.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also forgot to mention your amazing harvest. That is more than I've gotten all year.

Empire of the Cat said...

I'm sorry to hear about your doggie Erika, I've missed everything for the last month or so, hope she is better soon. Love your vintage book images and the Train your Dog image works since it is a book! Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month Happy Journalling! Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never done much gardening, and now none at all. Your photos are making my mouth water!