Saturday, September 23, 2023

Welcome A New Season

 Hi everyone. Happy weekend.  And welcome to either autumn or to spring, depending in which hemisphere you reside.

Autumn is now really official here in New Hampshire, and I really enjoy this season. Usually the biting bugs aren't so bad; the air is crisp so it's good to walk,and it's especially good for sleeping at night. It is also a bit bittersweet season though, because all of the good things about summer end, like using my screen porch, having lots of flowers blooming, and going for swims and boat rides.

Too bad we can't combine the best from each season.😏

I have a page for Elle's Books, Cats and Tea challenge at Art Journal Journey that celebrates  autumn here in New Hampshire.


Can you tell (if you look on the right of the photo) that this journal is so full I can't get the pages to lay flat for photographing?  I still think you can get a decent enough view of my page. 

I stamped the leaves in various autumn colors. Then I added the bronze washi tape, the die cut pumpkin and the stamped and fussy cut cat.   I used this round hello pumpkin stamp which comes from a very old clear stamp set  from back in the day when circle word sets for scrapbooking were big. Finally, I added a few little circle-spiral confetti pieces to finish off my page. 

One other thing about autumn that is always good are freshly picked apples.  Last Sunday the hubby and I  went to a local orchard, and we picked a bag.



Time for apple crisp, apple pie, and so many other yummy treats. It's a good thing it's cooled off enough to do some baking. ❤

To wrap up my post, here's a few other seasonal photos from the orchard.






Have a great weekend.
And I'm linking up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles too! 





19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Just came back from a farmer market here and saw lots of apples, pears, plums and pumpkins, but freshly picked are definitely better. Love the leaves on your page...very pretty!

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute page. The only way your book will lie flat is if you remove several pages before you begin so you can add ephemera. As you know I'm sad about the end of Summer especially where we didn't have very much nice Summer weather. Rain, more rain, and another weekend of rain. You're lucky that you were able to pick your own apples. Himself said he heard news that because of so much rain, the apple crop isn't as good this year. Some orchards are not allowing pick your own. Stay dry today. A good day to play in the craft room.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal page, your journal is looking really fat and full! Today it really felt like autumn here, too, cold and with a frisky wind at the Rhine. But I always love this season. Your apples look great, too! Thanks for sharing the fun photos! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

Hels said...

I love apples picked straight off the tree and dropped into the pot to make apple compote:
with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. The children called me the Compote Mum years ago :)

Tom said...

...Erika, enjoy your fall!

Mae Travels said...

Images of pumpkins and apples and grain tassels definitely are a good way to think of autumn!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I'm thrilled with this fall journal page with a cat!
Beautiful, great photos, i also love autumn and I'm having a lovely weekend, hug Elke

Cloudia said...

Waikiki tips its hat to the beauty of New Hampshire in the autumn! I have so many happy memories of my time in Franconia. So sorry to hear that the old man's face has fallen. Have some extra sharp cheddar for me! Aloha!

Christine said...

Beautiful page and happy Fall!

Empire of the Cat said...

It's funny you saying it's cooled off enough to do some baking. I dread it as my kitchen is very cold, so I always do more baking in the warmer months as my bread doesn't rise well in the cold. Love the pumpkins and corn. I went out to check my garden today after all the stormy weather and my corn was bent, not sure it will survive now :( Before I forget, yes it is me with the coloured bookshelves, 5 bookcases of coloured spines and 3 bookcases of black and white spines - makes it interesting to find what you want lol. I love your page today, I have that stamp set too, must dig it out for autumn. I thought those little confetti bits were stamped on (my eyes!) nice how the washi looks textured like a branch and I of course love the little kitty by the pumpkin. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

Gillena Cox said...

Some really nice ones. Enjoy your new season

Much🖤love

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, I love this cat - hello pumpkin!
Ingo bought a slice of a pumpkin to make jam.
But now visiting you I´d rather go for apple pie! (yes, occasionally I like sweets).
Cute pics - the diver is on for you btw (FF kinda does not like him, other browsers do, though) x

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Just look at all that fresh fall produce. I can almost feel my teeth sinking into that crisp apple. Time for us to start making squash soups and building up a stash for the winter. We enjoy birding in winter and after a morning walk in snowy Ontario no dish could be finer than to come home to heat our own soup with Miriam’s focaccia bread. In the annals of food consumed around the world, this must surely rank among the very best. Hugs - David

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice page, apples and photos! I'm glad someone is having a fall equinox. The weather guy I follow calls ours a Weakinox, lol. Still having hot days into the muggy evenings and it's getting old, even if it's not quite the heat of a month ago. We're ready for Fall, y'all. And thanks for the well-wishes, I hope they work. xoxo

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for linking to Sunday Smiles Erika

Much 🖤love

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great art and photos! Are you getting a lot of rain from Ophelia? So far, not much where I am in CT, but it also looks like it's moving slower than they originally forecast.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Your autumns in New Hampshire remind me of ours in Wisconsin. Pumpkins, cornfields, apples. Now that we are in South Dakota, the autumns are beautiful but just not the same.

Neet said...

I love Autumn when all the leaves are turning into those beautiful rich colours (but not when they are falling all over the garden and need sweeping up) and your page echoes the colours of the autumnal leaves. What pretty leaves they are, like skeleton leaves. A lovely idea to use leaves, pumpkins and a cat.
I always enjoy Fall with you in America because then I get to see the pumpkin farms and that is something I never see over here. Keep them coming, please.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jeanie said...

This is a really nice fall page, Erika! Says fall but doesn't scream it! And oh, your autumn photos are just wonderful. I bought a couple of pumpkins yesterday, more this week, I think. Those skies are fabulous!