Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Wednesday Art

 Hi everyone. It's already middle of this week.  I hope your days have been going well. It's been a bit of a wet week here, and I actually spent a whole morning doing some much needed cleaning. Now that that is done with I've been having fun  playing and wasting some time. 😏

Today I have a pretty simple page  for Elle's challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month Elle is asking us to make journal pages about books, cats or tea.  I went with cats and tea, but with all the letters on my background it could also represent books.


I didn't color the background at all, but I did add a couple of scraps of printed tissue paper. The kitty is stamped and colored in because my black ink really needs to be replaced or reinked. I also pulled out this mini-clear stamp tea set. I stamped the cups and the quote from it with red ink, and then I used black ink to stamp the spoons. To finish off my page I added a couple of tea bag labels/tags with their string.

I also have a tag for Tag Tuesday. This time around Pinky is hosting, and her theme is animals. You can see my animal is this adorable frog.


After I linked my white tag, I created a layered bottom with some scrap pieces. I also used some water based crayons along the bottom. The frog is a diecut that I colored with ink, markers and paint pens.  I used some very old stamps for the quotes and the little dragonflies.
And the dragonflies in the frogpond also work as they are animals too. 

This is a short and sweet post today. Thanks for stopping by.




14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, good morning! LOVE that frog with his wonderfully long tongue - he will be able to catch lots of insects. Your journal page is great, too, with the letters, cats and tea cups, great idea.
I'm off now for a little sleep, I was awake nearly all night.
Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love the cups! I have a tea-pot like that and yesterday bought a glasses-holder with this pattern!
And frogs I love, too - thank you for the smiles, hugs and to a great day!

Tom said...

...I'm for hip, hop, hooray!

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your page today Erika, so that is tissue paper in the background? I really like it. Cute kitty and sweet little tea set stamps. I chose the blackberry, raspberry hibiscus tea - although I see it says "infuse in cold water" are they for making iced tea?

Also love your little froggie tag. I love frogs, the garden is full of them. People always assume that they live in water all the time, but they spend a lot of time out of the pond and hopping around in the undergrowth. Have a lovely rest of the week. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

Angie's Recipes said...

The tea page is my favourite and the frog one is cute!

Jeanie said...

These are both fun posts! I hope Maddie's homecoming is going well!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very cute art today, Erika. I'm still praying for Maddie's complete healing.
And I want you to go check out this website:
https://theeyewall.com/
This is a very informative blog run by Matt Lanza and Eric Berger, two forecast meteorologists who deliver info about Atlantic basin storm activity but without the hype. They've been spot-on so far this year. Sign up for their updates, usually one post a day but as a storm nears sometimes two. They're thinking Lee is going to make a bit of a leftward turn Friday which puts you into it more but thank God y'all are not on the dirty side. So check it out and see for yourself. I'm constantly surprised by the number of readers/commenters they have from up your way. :-) Matt and Eric have run their original blog Space City Weather for a while now which is Houston area forecasts so I get both blog updates. It's refreshing to me not to have to watch The Weather Channel, which can raise my bp every time I watch it, lol.
Hope you have a good week and the rain lets up for a while! And, if you want to pipe some of it down to us, we will pay good money for it! {Grin} xoxo

peppylady (Dora) said...

I hope to get some art post this week.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How adorable is that journal page. Gotta love that cat and the cups and saucers. This is a wonderful entry for Elle's theme at AJJ. Of course, if there's a cat, you know I'll love it.

Cute tag, too. I hope Chris isn't watching, She hates frogs.

Neet said...

Very clever the way you have linked the elements of \Elle's challenge together on this page. I love the teacups at the base and the cat looking on. The letters are fabulous, what a great background. Is it a stamp or a stencil, that looks pretty useful to me.
Here's to a lovely weekend for you.
Hugs, Neet xx

sirkkis said...

Thanks for a smile, Erika. Both are fun and creative.
Happy week and be well xx

Birgit said...

I love your page here and the next one( forgot to say it looks great with the smiling blue tea cup). Love the ppussy cat here and the bookmark is so funny...the froggy made me laugh.

Divers and Sundry said...

We could do with some rain here, I guess, but I'm not complaining about this cool sunny mornings :)

pinky said...

He really is adorable Erika. Love this tag! Thanks so much for playing along with my theme at Tag Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Pinky