Friday, September 29, 2023

Wrapping Up September

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday and almost weekend to you. And as hard as it is for me to believe, October is almost here. Once again I have to ask, where did September disappear to? I am almost certain I'll be saying the same thing in October since I have several important birthdays that month, as well as my wedding anniversary and a few other items on the calendar. Plus, hopefully, everyone's October will be a really gorgeous month with no hurricanes, no tropical storms, no long stretches of hot or very cold weather...etc.

Today I want to share my last page for Elle's challenge at Art Journal Journey. Thank you Elle for hosting this month and sharing so many cool pages. It was a really fun challenge, and l liked having so many choices in the theme. And thank you to everyone who joined Elle for her challenge also.


Elle's challenge was Books, Cats and Tea, and I decided to end the month by including all 3 topics on  my page.👍 The book, as you can see in this next close up, is my favorite part of the page.


This book image is stamped. After I stamped it I then fussy cut it and stamped the kitty on the bottom. I also outlined the edge in darker black. I  used some book words from a small set on the open book page. I've used some other words from that same set on some other pages earlier this month. Then I scribbled in some writing and inked a bit on the page to make the book look older and well loved. 

The teapot and cup are die cuts. The line of books is one giant 12 inch sticker that I've had for way too long. I cut it into 2 pieces to use on my page.  And my background was made with white gesso and a stencil, and then when the gesso was dry I used mostly red ink (but not only) to color it. You might have noticed that the teapot is cut out of blue paper that had the same stencil image on it, only made with pink paint. 

To wrap up my post, let me share some more photos from the gardens at the Ogunquit Museum of American Art. I visited there last week, and even though I did not go into the museum,  I walked around the grounds. Today I'll share some flowers and beautiful views, since those are always  good ways to wrap up a week.











Here's a close up of this sperm whale statue with the views around it.







Have a great start to your weekend.







22 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Such a grand location, situated on the coast like that. So much to discover. Hugs - David

Iris Flavia said...

What a very, very beautiful page!!!
Great composition and colors and patterns.
And such a nice walk in the park :-)
To a great start into the weekend, hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

Lovely flowers and the place looks so lovely!

Hels said...

Do you remember during Covid that each day crawled by and each week lasted for ever! I didn't think we would ever survive the 3 years :(

But since the beginning of 2023, when normalish life returned, I haven't been able keep up with the flying weeks and months.

Tom said...

...I love the seascapes.

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Erika, thanks again for another wonderful entry to my challenge. I really love that book stamp too, and I think I might have that kitty stamp (somewhere) is it Lavinia? It would actually look very nice stamped in a diary journal, I think I might dig mine out and see if I like that - thanks for the idea! I like the pink and red background and of course the teapot and cup with its frilly edge. I thought your line of books might have been washi tape at first, as I have a roll of tape similar to that. I shared a page today that may or may not be the final page for the month, we will see how tomorrow goes. Thanks for joining me with all your pages this month for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

craftytrog said...

A fabulous final page for Elle's challenge. I wish I could have joined in more.
Great photos too.
It's hard to believe October begins this weekend. I hope it's a good month for you.
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page and fantastic photos! Happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Thank you for the photos, from the flowers to the sculptures to the seascapes - all are wonderful and made for brightening my Friday up.
As for your journal page, I love it. What a way to end your journey with Elle's theme by including all three items. I have envy for the book stamp, how great is that and no surprise you showed us a closeup. I think I recognise the kitty.
Fab background, echoed in the teapot (the tea coming out made me smile, great idea) and the rows of books made for a great border to finish off.
Have a lovely weekend, hope the weather is kind so you can do something nice
Hugs, neet xx
ps hope Miss Maddie is much better now x

Christine said...

Lovely page and fall photos!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great way to include all the elements in your art piece. Books, tea, cats all there :)

What a wonderful setting for a museum. They've taken full advantage of it. It'd make a lovely place for an outing even without going inside.

CJ Kennedy said...

Tea and Ink, a perfect combo. Amazing that there is still so much color in the garden. Funny to see the ocean after the Season without boats. I hope you're staying warm and dry today

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a lovely page and I did enjoy seeing your photographs, it looks such a lovely place to visit.

Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a happy weekend.

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful photos and I love your journal page too
Happy weekend hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun page, Erika. I just noticed I have five pages I will not have time to show. Love how you treated this final entry. Very sweet and love the teapot and cup. It's a great page for Elle's theme at AJJ, too.

More lovely images from the Ogunquit Museum of Art. I especially LOVED the sculptures. Have a super weekend, dear.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful Photos and lovely page!
Hug Elke

Jeanie said...

Your piece has a wonderful feel to it. And not just the cat but the whole thing, color, texture, everything. Loved the photos, too.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful background and perfect page for AJJ. I sure hope your hives are bothering you less or gone by now! Hope you are having a great weekend. We're still too warm for comfort in the daytime, but getting relief at night, like normal this time of year. Supposed to be a cool front this week, will believe it when I feel it. LOL XOX

carol l mckenna said...

Great photos of Maine and awesome collage creations ~ thanks, ^_^

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

peppylady (Dora) said...

You also have an lovely weekend. Looking forward to October.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Mae Travels said...

Your photos of the museum garden are lovely. I would love to see that garden with the sculptures and beautiful ocean views.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely art and photos.