Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Fantasy

 Hi everyone.   It’s time again on this Tuesday for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday  It’s our first challenge for September.

Thank you to everyone who joined our last  Let's Go Outside challenge including   Bonnie who was our lovely guest designer for the challenge.

Our new challenge is

FANTASY 


What is your favorite fantasy creature? Elves, unicorns, superheros, dragons, or perhaps like mine, mermaids. There are so many ways you can go with this challenge, not just fantasy creatures.

My page was inked, and then I added this piece of deli paper that I had used as scrap paper to stencil on. It had a cool reverse design on it, so I added it to my page, as well as adding a bit of the same blue color around my page so it blended in better.

The mermaid is stamped, fussy cut and colored. I also added a couple of scraps from some silver mesh fabric trim that I found on a markdown table. The mesh looks like netting or fish scales, doesn't it?  I used a stencil and a Sharpie for the words. Then added some tiny seashells and some sequins, as well as some plastic starfish that I pulled off an old journal page (that I wasn't crazy about) that I cut apart to use for another page.

Just a reminder that we accept all types of art at Try It on Tuesday. This challenge runs for the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for visiting my post. And I hope you're inspired to join us for this challenge.

17 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Fantasy! Now there’s a topic with lots of scope. I suspect there will be a few that people won’t want to share publicly! Hugs - David

Hels said...

No dragons or werewolves, thanks! We have enough horror in the real world.

But Pegasus and Unicorn look friendly and helpful.

Tom said...

...on our trips to Maui, mermaids were a reality.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Fantasy sounds like a great theme. I adore your charming mermaid.

Pia S said...

The underwater scene you made for the sweet mermaid looks fantastic!

The Padre said...

Well, Gotta Like The Griffins Of The World - Under The Bridge Trolls And Gnomes Are On The Radar - But Your Own Version Of Ghouls And Imps Might Be Worthy - Anyway, Have A Delightful September

Cheers

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Erika! I love this - great texture and I really love the mermaid, hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your mermaid.
With this them Granddaughter would definitely draw a unicorn :)

All the best Jan

peppylady (Dora) said...

Never heard of try it on Tuesday.

Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Cloudia said...

I think in my earlier life I was a creature of fantasy but I become more real every day. Thanks for this interesting post honey. Aloha

Iris Flavia said...

OK, fully awake now! :-)
Great new banner.
Oh, you should visit Perth for Fringe World, there are always two mermaids in a basin. And one you can book for events.
Great page presenting the used words perfectly. It must be fun to be so creative (I am sadly not).
Have a dreamy day, hugs

Meggymay said...

I love the mermaid and the scene you created Erika, its a fabulous page to inspire us for the new TioT's theme.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

I love your mermaid page Erika, anything ocean/ nautical rocks it for me too


Joan x

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page, I love the mermaid and your background Erika.
Hugs,
Alison

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such a nice little mermaid and page. How's your patient doing? Hope she is resting nicely and happy end of week to you, xoxo

Birgit said...

I love your mermaid and the whole page. So artistic

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous mermaid and I love the blues of the stencilled background, I feel as if she's splashing up some waves.
Those little shells and sequins are a lovely embellishment to your page.
Avril xx