Monday, September 25, 2023

T Stands for Last Week's Excitement

 Hi everyone. It's time for T again. I hope everyone had a very nice week since we last met for T. 

 Last week I spent a lot of time puttering around my yard. One thing that needed to be done was to beat back the woods a bit, so  I spent too many hours with the lopers chopping down some saplings that were growing too close to the house.


This is the hubby's truck on Saturday morning when we moved the big pile from the driveway, and he took them to the transfer station, a.k.a . our dump.  It's amazing how chopping down some saplings near the house gives the feeling of space. My yard is surrounded on all sides (except where the driveway goes) with woodland so there are still a lot of trees, big and small.

The other thing I did last week was take a spontaneous one day road trip with a friend. It was nice to take a break from the yard work.  We headed not too far over the border into Maine and visited Ogunquit. 

Ogunquit is a small town right on the coast. It's rather an artsy community with a nice beach and (at least on the day we went) a lot of visitors. I've been to Ogunquit several times before, but I felt like this was the first time I could really get a feel for the town. I think it's because I'd mostly visited there in the winter before, when most everything was closed for the season.

Today for T let me show you a few random views from our walk around. 

The fall blooms were just beautiful, especially all the wild asters along the town's  ocean-side trail called the Marginal Way.



The ocean views along the Marginal Way were beautiful too, and with the tide coming in, we had a few waves splashes too.






As we walked through town we passed a stone wall that had all these inspirational painted stones. I think they were from 2020, but they were still fun to read. Here's a couple of them.



In town the Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop had this fun lobster serving ice cream in its window. The sun was hitting the window so I couldn't get a complete photo, but I  like how the reflection looks.


I also really liked these mirrors that were for sale in a gallery, especially this dog one. Now if only I had a place to hang it. (And the extra cash to buy it.) 😬


One store had these beautiful autumn decorated flower boxes. I like how they added the gourds and the tops of the corn stalks. 


Last but not least, here's my lunch and my glass of water, my ticket to T this week over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.


I didn't get the big carafe of water that was on our table into my photo, and since the glasses were small, I filled mine a lot. 

For lunch I had a yummy smoked salmon sandwich with dill boursin spread, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions along with some broccoli slaw on the side.

We had a fun day out, and I ended up walking about 5 miles (8 km). Besides having some enjoyable friend time, I was really happy to get some good walking in also. It's been tough to go for a decent walk lately since our vet doesn't want Miss Maddie to overdo exercise yet so everything can finish healing 100%. And if you ever tried going out for a walk and leaving a dog at home, the sad face will definitely get to you.  (But Miss Maddie is doing great otherwise.❤)

I hope everyone has a great T day and the last of September week ahead.  






21 comments:

Tom said...

...asters, the ocean and a nice sandwich, what more do you need?

DVArtist said...

Your coast is so different than mine. The OR coast is rugged not too many beaches. virturally no sea food places. It is so strange to me about that. There are a few but not like where you live or where my kids live on the east coast. Glad you had a nice day.

Mae Travels said...

I love the way you captured the vibe of the little town and its pretty and tempting shops! I’m jealous of getting to walk by the ocean, too.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

Sounds like a fab week, Erika. A big chore done and fab day trip with a friend. The food looks wonderful!! Happy T-day. Hugz

Angie's Recipes said...

Those asters blooms are so beautiful. Amazing ocean view too, Erika.

Iris Flavia said...

"I got your back" :-) Now this is like really cute!
A lobster serving ice-cream. Quite a concept!
You´re a wonderful artist. Make yourself such a mirror!
Hope Miss Maddie can soon join you, 8km is good!
Have a happy T-Day, hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

I just wrote a long comment and it disappeared....Glad you had a nice trip with your friend, your visited a lovely place. The rocks and sea look wonderful. I love the lobster ice cream photo, great shot with the reflections. And your sandwich with salmon - yummy! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think that this year should go down as the Year of Asters and Goldenrod. They have been spectacular and more colourful than I can ever remember. Glad you share them with us. Hugs - David

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a unique area. You manged to show so much of the town as well as the beach. Must have been fabulous, especially that dog art.

That sandwich sounds wonderful and water is always best when dining out. Thanks for taking us with you and sharing your meal and water for T this Tuesday, dear Erika.

Glad Maddie us doing better.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Coincidentally, we will also be spending a couple of days in Maine, but not in Ogunquit although this time of year would be best for a walk along the Marginal Way as you showed, Erika. This week we will be in Georgetown, ME, catching up with friends who formerly lived on the VA eastern shore (like ourselves). Clearing our the yard is definitely a chore and one not missed at all 😉

CJ Kennedy said...

Ogunquit. One of my favorite places. Looks like remnants of Lee kicked up the surf a bit. Awesome pics from the marginal way. Lunch and out and about with your friend equals a fabulous day. Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

Your meal looks delicious. Those photos from your outing are lovely. It looks like you had a beautiful day for an outing. The perfect thing after a day's hard work in the yard. I love that rock with the "I got your back" funny.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Empire of the Cat said...

I got your back was very funny lol. I think you could probably paint something similar to one of those mirrors very easily with some nice acrylics and save some money :) Ogunquit looks nice, the name is familiar but I don't know why. There is a Stephen King book set there but I don't think that's why. Glad you enjoyed The Last Devil, I have now listened to it three times. It is time to choose another book but I don't really want to leave them yet, if you know what I mean. I had to laugh when you mentioned on my post about you having to spell W A L K and the dogs worked that out too lol. I have to spell out V E T but for much different reasons haha. Happy T Day! Elle xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, lots of yard work but I know you were happy it was done.
Your town sightseeing excursion looks fun.
I know which mirror you would have bought. :-)
Hmmm, tho, that salmon. Down here we eat croquettes (patties) or blackened grilled filets. I've also enjoyed some good recipes made from wild Alaskan canned salmon (salads and above-mentioned croquettes). Smoked? I'll pass. I also feel the same way about lox. But if you enjoy it, I'm happy you got to indulge! XOX

Lisca said...

That sounds like a beautiful coastal walk. Stunning photos. Thanks for sharing.
Your lunch looks delicious. I would that any day.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Christine said...

Looks like a wonderful day out and a nice lunch!

Jeanie said...

What a fun day! I think I've been to Ogunquit -- or at least through it. Love the stuff in the shop and the other photos are so pretty. WAY fun!

Divers and Sundry said...

Y'all have been busy taking care of the trimming and hauling away. The asters are so pretty. I planted some seed this year and hope they do well through the winter. Happy T Tuesday

Spyder said...

What famulous pictures! and so colourful! Love the idea of the stones...wouldn't mind giving that ago here! Kiddies used to paint stones for people to find but that seems to have stopped now. Have a great week. Happy late T day. ((Lyn))

Neet said...

Glad Miss Maddie is doing fine.
Loved your photos, I prefer a rugged coastline to walk alongside at times. The seascapes are beautiful and I love the stones you found along the way. What a great idea.
Those mirrors are fabulous and I can understand you wanting the doggie one. Wonder if you could do something similar yourself with tiles around a mirror and either stamped images of dogs or cut out pictures (you could include your own then) with a coat of varnish or something over the top.
Your last photo made me hungry.
Hugs, Neet xx

Amila said...

Those mirrors, especially the dog one, sound like a charming find in the gallery! The autumn-themed flower boxes with gourds and corn stalk tops must have added a lovely touch to the day. A fun outing, good friend time, and a satisfying 5-mile walk—sounds like a perfect combination of enjoyment and exercise.
Happy Belated T Tuesday!