Friday, September 8, 2023

Friday Face Off

Hi everyone. Happy Friday.

It's time once again for Nicole's  Friday Face Off and Gillena's Friday Lunch Break .  I guess you could say today's Friday Face Off is the a somewhat faceless face-off. Smile.

My husband has started his first art project. He  needed a bit of help from me in a couple of spots.


Tracing big patterns was not something he'd ever done before.  He also wasn't quite sure about using carbon paper and tracing a pattern.
He's a pro with a jigsaw already though. 


And he's a pro at sanding too.



This bigfoot is actually the rest of his last year's Christmas gift for me. I received the pattern for Christmas, but it was  too hard to work on (for lack of space in the garage) during the winter with the cold and snow. I know it's September, but with everything else going on, the hubby has only gotten around to starting it.  This guy is going in the woods just next to the yard so he'll look like he's walking out of the forest. 😀
Or he will once he's painted with primer and some finish paint.

The bigfoot story in my house goes back to 2014 when we had gone to Oregon. My husband's paternal grandfather came from Astoria, Oregon (It's a very romantic story; he met my husband's grandmother when she was traveling there and followed her east because she wouldn't live in Oregon.) In 2014 we took a summer trip out to see the area, and one day during our trip, while visiting Mount St. Helens, we came across this giant yard decoration.


Here's a face for Nicole's challenge.

The hubby likes to claim it's me with the Big Foot fascination, but I think he's a bit interested in Bigfoot too. Grin!

For those of you who have been following along with my dog's accident (she fell out of our boat and slammed the dock with her belly, which popped a hole in her bladder), sadly Maddie didn't make it home yesterday.They were leary to pull out her catheter because that process could cause any potential remaining bladder hole to open up. Today they will hopefully do one more dye injection and x-ray. My husband visited her after work, and she is definitely acting like herself again-which is the good news.  But I am more than ready to have her come home. 

Have a great weekend.





21 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

WOW!!! your bigfoot is fantastic.
Happy Friday to you. Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much🖤love

Iris Flavia said...

First off: I love your new banner!!
And big WOW to your Bigfoot!
All the best for Maddie, too...
Have a good day, hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika! Good to see your headless hubby working! He is really good, too, love Bigfoot! You must show more pics when he is in the woods!
I can imagine how much you miss Maddie, soon she will be home with you! Hugs, Valerie

Gene Black said...

Ha ha...the Bigfoot will be a fun yard decoration.
Best wishes for Maddie.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your plywood Bigfoot rocks so far! I hope you'll feature it again once it's painted! I hope your dog heals well and is home again soon.

sirkkis said...

Your men today are absolutely amazing 👍😲
I'm so sorry Maddie has had an accident; I hope she is well soon , 🐕🧡

Angie's Recipes said...

wow, that bigfoot looks so cool!! Thumbs up for both of you, Erika.

Tom said...

...I often see Big Foot cut outs here, the statue is neat! I spend a week in the Astoria Oregon hospital after being in a car accident. Have a wonderful weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

The Big Foot will look awesome in your yard. I hope Maddie's well enough to go home today.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am sure he will do well. This gives a whole new meaning to “ all in the family.” Hugs - David PS - It seems to bear a certain resemblance to Donald Trump, but that’s probably an insult to the Sasquatch, and he isn’t quite heavy enough anyway.

Jeanie said...

Sad news about Maddie but she'll be back soon, and probably all the better for it. No temptations to over-play.

And you have a good husband!

Birgit said...

I love your Bigfoot and wonder how many people driving by will think they saw the real thing:)). I just watched a show about Mt. St. Helen's and remember when it blew my dad and I were wondering why the people didn't take it more seriously. I hope your sweet doggie will be home with you today. Poor thing

Hels said...

When you came across this giant, what made you think it was a yard decoration? It might have been to keep the neighbour's dogs under control, or to make would-be robbers cautious.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh my gosh, Erika. Your hubby is so similar to mine, we direct and they produce. And he produced an awesome yard decoration! Now it's up to you to paint him. I'm glad it's you and not me! He'll look awesome coming out of the woods. I have a high school friend who is "eat up" (as we say down here) with Bigfoot. I think she has bought every Bigfoot souvenir and product there is. Hope your weekend is lovely, xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your bigfoot, it looks brilliant.

Hoping that Maddie will be home with you again soon.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's going to be one very impressive Big Foot. It already looks amazing. I hope you show it once it's finished.

Poor Maddie, and poor you. I hope she's home soon.

DVArtist said...

OMG This is just too darn cool. I love it and a great job he did. I'm in a rush with yard sale. Thank you for joining FFO. Have a great day.

Divers and Sundry said...

Cool! I find cryptids fascinating and wish we had one indigenous to Memphis.

I'm sorry Maddie didn't get to come home when expected, but better safe than sorry {hug}

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Fabulous big foot.

Neet said...

I wondered what on earth he was tracing with that big sheet but then when I saw the wood I was even more perplexed. Thank goodness we got to see what he was doing - and it is amazing! What a fabulous piece it is and will be when you have it in place outside. Can't wait for the photos.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps so sorry I did not follow the Miss Maddie story but so glad for the end result. I've read it backwards now and it must have been such a worry.Hope she keeps calm and heals well.

NatureFootstep said...

wow, amazing, I love the Big foot. Both versions :)