Thursday, November 9, 2023

Autumn Time

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday to you. 

I'm back today with another journal page for Jo's Nature challenge at Art Journal Journey. I am also linking up to my page to Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge. This month is challenge #99, and as it always is, you just need to use at least 3 types of media on your page.


For the Nature part of my page I used some dried flower images that I cut out of a sheet of printed paper.  I also used a gold metallic paper moon. I really like my page, but it certainly isn't the most heavy duty nature page I've ever made.

I started by using an ink pad on my background. Then I layered lots of strips of washi tape. After that I used some small torn strips of colored and printed paper. Along the bottom I used a strip of printed paper as well as some bronze metallic paper trim.  My TH lady needed something to stand on. 

I fussy cut and glued down the dried flower images, wrapping them around the lady. I also added the moon. The black dots are some "waste" pieces from something I die cut (I can't remember what). The quotes all come from an older Impression Obsession rubber stamp that has lots of autumn words on it. I cut around the words I wanted, and once they were glued down, I outlined them with a Sharpie. 

We've started getting colder nights with temperatures below freezing, and nature is quickly tucking in for a long winter's sleep. This morning I even woke up to our first wintery weather. We also had a lot of wind yesterday, and many more leaves have come down.


The end of the season plants look just as captivating as when they're in their prime. 









Hope you're having a lovely week.



18 comments:

Tom said...

...even when flowers are past prime they still have beauty.

Iris Flavia said...

I love the lady´s hat!!! Luckily not scarf-weather yet.
The dying plants bring some charme even, I did not expect that! Sorry you have frost at night already - have a great day anyways, use a scarf ;-) Hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

It's crisp, cool and RAINY!! My..I just don't like rainy weather.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, your lady has clothed herself for the cold weather, love how you placed the plants, too. Here it's really cold, so I'm well wraped up as I have a cold, not nice, but it will go away. Your flower photos are great, too, TFS.Have a lovely day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely page! Love the end of season plants

Neet said...

What beautiful colours on those hydrangea plants, ranging from a light mauve to a dark purple. I have no idea what that first plant is with the frondy white pieces but it is beautiful. Isn't nature wonderful, an artist in her own right with a fabulous palette of colours.
Love the different washi tapes you have used to make up your background to your journal page and what a lovely idea to wrap your maiden with flowers.
I wish it had been a crisp and cool day when I went out but am afraid it was a bit damp. I went into our local town centre to pick up my new glasses and notice they are once more filming in the centre. I wonder what tv series this will be.
Hugs, Neet xx

The Padre said...

Love This Post - Have A Delightful Weekend

Cheers

Mae Travels said...

Autumn flowers are beautiful … you captured their beauty in your photos. I’m a big fan of milkweed, always tempted to take its pic.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

peppylady (Dora) said...

I need to get busy on my Nature journal page.
Coffee is on

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty page. Looks like we're leaving Autumn and heading right into Winter. We had frost the other morning. No snow this morning. but winds brought a lot of the leaves down. It doesn't look like the lawn guy cleaned anything.

MELODY JACOB said...

The fall blossoms are quite stunning... In your photographs, you were able to capture their natural splendor. I like this post. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jeanie said...

Maybe I'm morbid but I find something terribly beautiful and interesting in dead flowers!

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving your autumnal page and the happy moon that you included ❤️. It reminds me of the autumnal days we've been having of late, with the crisp bit in the air and beautiful autumnal colours - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for inspiring us at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is A wonderful mixed media page, Erika. Your lady is definitely dressed for cold weather. I love the use of washi tape and that moon. This is perfect for Jo's nature theme at Art Journal Journey.

Loved the look of the dying flowers. they are as beautiful as buds.


Aimeslee Winans said...

Very nice page with Autumnal nature, great way to use the washi up, too.
Wow, you have a lot of gardening work to do with all the beauty of the season dying off. I hope you get some nice outside daytime hours for it. XOX

Judy McKay said...

Lovely art journal page. Lots of interesting layering details. Autumn theme is so perfect for this time of the year. I love this time but very soon we will have snow on the ground. thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that lady's hat :) Our high today is predicted to be 70. We've had one night below freezing so far. My hydrangea didn't bloom this year :(

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page Erika and absolutely wonderful decay photos. We have had lots of rain, a frosty morning on Saturday that then became gloriously sunny (but cold), a very dark and rainy day yesterday then howling wind today! Have a good week, Chrisx