Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Wednesday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you. 

Today I have some art to share. First let me share a journal page for Jo's Nature challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I started by using  blue watercolor paint on my background. After that I inked it a bit with some turquoise blue paint. The first thing I did was stamp a bird onto the page. I loved that bird, but then I saw this scrap bird sitting on my work table. He looked so lonely and rather sad there, so I decided I would use him on my page instead. I added after him after I stamped this cool writing image (a few times) to give my background some depth. I like how just a shadow of the other bird shows through. I think perhaps the shadow bird is Mama bird watching her baby but also giving him a bit of space since it is time for him to fly free. 

The white bird was cut out from a  sheet of printed paper. I used scraps from the same paper to make the upper and lower borders. I also added some black metallic paper trim. The berries are hand drawn and painted by using some heavy blobs of acrylic paint, and the stems are painted with a Posca paint pen. Finally to finish my page, I added the quote, and that is a sticker. 

I also have a tag for Wendy's Halloween challenge at Tag Tuesday. I made it with assorted bits and pieces sitting on my work table scrap pile.  Thankfully I have that pile as I've  put away my Halloween craft supplies and pulled out my Christmas ones. I have a little attic storage area under the eaves  in my craft space which comes in handy for storing these seasonal items. ๐Ÿ˜


I started with a leftover TH packaging piece with a spider web on it. I rubbed a bit of black ink on  and let that  dry.  Everything else (more or less) were scrap die cuts that I inked and/or colored with markers.  I decided to hang the light bulb upside down and give the ghost two of the same feet since with Halloween and its spooky magic,  things don't always work the way  we expect.  I gave some tiny goggle eyes to the ghost and some big green ones to the spider, and I hand wrote in the quote. I also added some sparkle to the light bulb. 

I hope you're having a lovely week. I seem to be in the middle of about 10 things I need to do and get finished, and of course, I would much rather be doing something else . ๐Ÿ˜ฌSmile. Therefore I have piles here and piles there that I really need to get to.  My daughter is off Friday, and she's coming home so the first project I need to do is to pick up all the piles of one project I have spread out on her old bedroom floor.

Have a great day.








18 comments:

Hels said...

You are very fortunate to have a small attic storage area under the eaves in your craft space. It is important 1] to keep all the seasonal items so that they can be found easily and retrieved, as needed. And 2] it stops the rest of the house being cluttered.

I have the same problem with thousands of journal articles, essays and lecture notes. Organisation was the solution, but it took time.

Angie's Recipes said...

Expect nothing and appreciate everything....I really love the quote.

Valerie-Jael said...

Both peces are wonderful, but the journal page is my fave today, such lovely colours and beautifully composed. Your tag for Wendy's challenge is good, too, spiders are much scarier for me that ghosts! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Very wise words from Mother Nature!
The colors grow very great together, too.

Very, very cute, scared ghost :-)
To a great Wednesday, hugs

Tom said...

...do you believe in ghosts?

sirkkis said...

I like your bird page very much, and the words as well ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ‘
The tag is fun and cute ๐Ÿ‘
In Lapland are lot of snow, but here on southern coast it's been raining for many days - not nice ๐Ÿ˜
Anyway, at home all is right ๐ŸŒž
Have wonderful creative time my friend ๐Ÿ˜˜

Christine said...

Nice art!

Empire of the Cat said...

Love those birds on your page, the shadow bird behind the white bird, and your ghostie Halloween tag. About the Poscas, I updated my post to add links to where to buy and what to buy, but you don't really need a syringe like mine. I only have that because I also refill my printer cartridges and it came with the kit. The refill bottles have a handy little nozzle on the top.

Jeanie said...

You're on an art roll! I have tons of piles, too, and art sale begins tomorrow. I have lost so much stuff in this house!

Divers and Sundry said...

"Expect nothing, appreciate everything" strikes a chord with me. Spider! Eeeek! Such big eyes!

Gillena Cox said...

Oh the pumpkin grins
My tag is HERE

Much๐Ÿ–คlove

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love your page's message and hand drawn elements, well done. I finally saw the stamped bird, he's in the opposite direction, nice background texture. And I guffawed at your tag, too funny. Indeed! Always fun to see the googly eyes, you must have a good collection to have that variety of size and colors. XOX

Neet said...

Hope you manage to get things ready for your DD when she comes home. A joyous occasion - enjoy!
Love the little tag, very funny.
I can well understand how you felt you had to use the little white bird rather than leave him there on the desk. I would have had to do the same. It is good that his mamma bird is keeping an eye on him as he learns to fly.
I do like the red berries that you put on the branch, they are so textural and I want to touch them. I hope they are ok for the little bird to eat.
Lovely background enhanced by the writing.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps have a lovely weekend

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely page, the bird is sweet an I can see why you wanted to give him a place on your page before he got lost. Loving your tag, your desk must hold treasure! Enjoy your time with yourdaughter hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fabulous pages! You've captured nature so beautifully and I love the texture of those red berries, that pretty bird will be enjoying them over winter ๐Ÿ˜Š. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am SO far behind. I am sorry. Loved the bird page. I finally saw the other bird, too. Yur berries are great. Most impressive.

Cute tag. Somehow I feel a bit like that ghost (grin). Thanks for sharing your page at Art Journal Journey using Jo's nature theme.


pinky said...

Beautiful work Erika! Your tag made me smile instantly, in a spooky way of course lol. Good luck with clearing your daughter's bedroom floor. Isn't it amazing how our projects can spread through the house lol. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.
Pinky

WendyK said...

Fabulous journal page and tag. Love the humour on the tag, that really appeals to me. Thank you for joining us on Tag Tuesday. Hugs Wendy.