Friday, November 17, 2023

Remember Sasquatch?

 Happy Friday everyone.  It's almost the weekend once again.  They say we will have some rain at my house  tomorrow/Saturday. The hubby isn't happy because he has some outside chores he is trying to finish up, but I've been in the opposite mode, so now maybe I can do some inside things. For those of you who stop by fairly regularly, I still haven't gotten back to cleaning my giant pile that I posted the other day 😫, but my art table sounds like an even better place to be on a wet Saturday. 😀

Today I have some photos to share for Nicole's Friday Face Off  and Gillena's Friday Smiles.

You might remember back in early September I showed you my husband's first art project.  Here's a link back to that post (Friday Face Off) in case you're interested, but let me refresh this post by sharing a couple of photos again.




Since then Mr. Sasquatch has  been painted and  urethaned.
 Painting was easy, but I think my husband was a little intimidated when he went to paint the face.



After the basic face was painted there were several minor changes. A line added.  A color switch  for the mouth. I wanted to do some blending with a paper towel but I was reminded this wasn't really my project. 

He did a great job. Maybe he has a new hobby for when he retires.

Now Mr. Sasquatch is guarding my yard from any wildlife that might wander into it. (Well, he isn't scaring the deer though, so I don't think anything would be afraid of him either. Smile.)




Here's the view from up near the house.  He's a fun addition to garden decor. ❤😀👍
 I'm really curious to see how he looks next summer when everything is really green, and there's more leaves than there are now. And I bet he'll be a yeti when he's covered in snow this winter.

That's all for me. Have a great start to your weekend, and thanks for stopping by my blog.








22 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Sas looks great! Looks like your DH found a new hobby. Enjoy the sunshine today

Tom said...

...what a fun addition to your yard.

Angie's Recipes said...

It looks GREAT! That's your husband's first art project? wow he is for sure talented!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your husband is so clever, wow, that figure is wonderful! Have a great day. I'm happy and thankful that I know you. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Very, very cool! I hate snow, but I really do look forward seeing him as yeti!
Hope he stays where he is - it would be too tempting to secretly put him against another tree ;-)
Hugs, enjoy the Friday

DVArtist said...

Oh very well done. He/she looks fantastic. There is one this big at a house on the back roads here in OR. They painted theirs all black and every time we pass it, it's almost disturbing. Then we have to laugh. I love the colors on yours. Thank you for sharing with FFO and for the well wishes for my foot. Have a great weekend.

Jeanie said...

THAT is incredibly cool! I love that he's guarding the yard. Maybe he'll keep the bees safe in the winter. Well, one can hope! He did a terrific job.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mr Sasquatch looks GREAT! And he's standing in the perfect spot!

Christine said...

Well done!

Carola Bartz said...

Sasquatch looks great!!! Your husband did a wonderful job I think. Please post a photo when he looks like Yeti (not your husband, but Sasquatch). Have a lovely weekend, Erika.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice sasquath
Happy Friday. Thanks for linking to AFFF

much🖤love

Aimeslee Winans said...

Yes, he did do great! I'm impressed! But I chuckled about you having to restrain from "fixing" the face. I have to do the same when mine does some art. I read y'all are gonna be wet. We've just come out from several days of rainy weather and I was never so glad to see the sunshine. Hope yours moves through quickly, XOX

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I would be so intimidated working on such a large project. Great job and he looks great in your garden too!

-Soma

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! That looks great.
Have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

peppylady (Dora) said...

I thought be fun to work with wood.
Coffee is on.

nwilliams6 said...

Had some trouble with blogger so hopefully you don't have 5 comments from me - lol.

Love this project - he is talented! I want one.

I miss visiting you and your blog, Erika. I haven't been feeling like doing much of anything for awhile, but they found out what was causing it so hopefully I can get back in the swing of things soon. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

Ooooo! I see a market for that! A growing number of cryptids throughout your area :)

carol l mckenna said...

Sasquatch is awesome ~ what a wonderful creation by your hubby ~ Wow!
thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Hels said...

A husband who likes to do outside work around the house when the weather is decent? You are a very lucky woman :)

Mae Travels said...

Very amusing garden decoration! I can't see a deer being scared by it though.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Mr. Sasquatch looks great in his new "home" and I wonder how many people might be startled on coming across it. I also smiled when you offer to help with the face painting was rebuffed.

Neet said...

Love your Sassy man. Well, hubbies. He made a darned good job of it but I am surprised he didn't want any help from you. I do hope he scares off something before long and then you can all be pleased but in the meantime enjoy him as a piece of garden sculpture.
hugs, Neet xx