Wednesday, November 22, 2023

It's Wednesday Again

Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you. 
This week, although it really isn't shorter than other weeks, always feels like it is shorter than other weeks since the long Thanksgiving weekend starts tomorrow. I should  also clarify it's a long weekend for my husband.  I know some of you who live in other countries where they don't  celebrate Thanksgiving (or don't celebrate it now) and others of you here in the US might still have to work. I'll just explain that when my husband has a long weekend, my usual weekly routine switches up and I get a  long weekend too. 😏

My journal page today is made from some salvaged items that I pulled out of some bins. You might remember me recently mentioning that I had 4 bins of craft supplies that I packed up a couple of years earlier. I finally got around to going through them. Since I didn't miss anything in the bins, I'm not keeping most of the items. But, I did find a few things that I gave a second look and decided to hang onto.

The salvaged items that I used on this journal page include the background paper, a giant sticker and also a flourish die.


One of the bins had some older pads of paper in them, including  a 12x12 inch pad of autumn paper. Not that I need anymore paper, but since it was autumn themed paper ( and had great designs too) and it is autumn,  this pad was speaking to me. I used a part of a sheet for my background on this page.

One of the bins had a lot of stickers in it. Most of the stickers went into a postal box that I'll try selling them online. If any of you know someone who could use a lot of random assorted stickers (both new and partially full sheets), let me know as I wouldn't  mind just charging for shipping if I can find the stickers a new home. 

 I did pull out a few sheets of stickers out of the pile that I thought would actually get used. One of those saved stickers is on this page. It's a big sticker on the right side that looks like ripped paper with leaves on it. 

And finally, I had some dies that I found in a bin. I went through them and put a couple away in my die drawer. One of these salvaged dies was an oldie with a big flourish on it.  I used it to cut some orange paper. You can see it on top of the big sticker on the right hand side of my page. The sun is on part of it.

I finished off my page with some stamping and adding some metal paper elements as well as a few little crafting gemstones. 

My journal is very full at this point, so please excuse the slight dip to the right in my photo. I can't get the pages on the left side to lay flat anymore, but other than for photos, it isn't an issue as it says my journal is used and loved. 👍

And I am linking this page up to Jo's Nature challenge at Art Journal Journey

And speaking of autumn and nature, it's been very chilly at my house, especially in the mornings. Yesterday it was 18 degrees F/ around -8 degrees C. The frost fairies have definitely been busy.





And in this one hydrangea bloom, there is still just a touch of blue.


It's  been cold enough that last night we had our third little winter tease. ❄😞

I have lots to do today, so that's all for me. Thanks for visiting. It is always appreciated. 

 

14 comments:

hels said...

The frost fairies are delicately artistic!

Tom said...

...the frost fairies did a beautiful job, Take care and stay warm.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful page, but ohhhhhh, the rest! And I whined about the -1C! Hope you have a hot cuppa in front of you! Hugs...

Angie's Recipes said...

Today we have really nice chilly sunny weather which I really LOVE. The page looks bright and beautiful, Erika.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely to see the touch of blue by the hydrangeas! Your journal page is lovely, and great that you used some old stuff, too. I gave a lot of stickers and paper to the local Kindergarten, and they were very happy. It's cold here, too, but they have promised us some very nasty weather in the next days. We shall see if they're right! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

It's cold here today and tomorrow, but that means highs in the 50sF. At least it's sunny and not expected to dip below freezing overnight.

Neet said...

Gorgeous page from the salvaged items, just the perfect colours for you to use with Jo's theme. Good luck with the sale of goodies.
I know what you mean about a full journal, i just tried to scan mine but it is too weighty at one end so I couldn't hold it on the scanner, had to get DH to help.
I know about the frost too and the cold mornings, Brrr... roll on spring.
Hugs, Neet xx

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your page today Erika. Maybe that's the answer - store things in boxes for a few years, then pull them out and "rediscover" them. It could be fun. I have the urge to get rid of a lot of stuff I don't use or don't need {gasp!} but it's quite a challenge to start going through it all and then trying to make decisions! Ugh! Love your frosty photos but not your frosty days! The frosty hydrangea photos remind me of mine when we had -8C weather early this year. Elle xx

Christine said...

Lovely page, some days are cold here now too.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Those salvaged bin items work well together, love the colors you used.
I spent many years retired with a working spouse, I know exactly what you're suggesting, lol.
I used to dread Honey retiring though. Then after he did, he lost all his stress and relaxed and thankfully has not become dependent on me. It's been 5 years now and I had nothing to worry about!
We had a bad weather day Monday and part of Tuesday, but today was awesome, just cold, not nearly as cold as your area, but cold for us.
Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your family, xoxo

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy Thanksgiving Erika, I hope you get chance to relax during the festivity and spend time with loved ones.
Love your colour choices on your journal page and the dimension achieved with your layout and happy to read you came across and used some older forgotten stock. I have boxes and boxes of things stored away over the years that just need my time to sort through.. Hope you find a hidden treasure amongst them.
Enjoy your long weekend Hugs Tracey x

Jeanie said...

I love photos of frosty leaves-- they're always so pretty! Have a great Thanksgiving day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving that smiley sun and the autumnal colours - perfect 😊. Loving your frosty photos too. Stay warm and thanks for the AJJ inspiration ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your style of sorting little used 'stuff'. I seem to have collected piles of scraps yet again so have decided that at least half have to go! I love your Autumn sunshine page! We have been forecast a sunny day tomorrow so looking forward to not looking out at rain! Hugs, Chrisx