Wednesday, November 29, 2023

It Can't Already Be the End of The Month

Hi everyone. Happy second to the last day of November to you.

Today I want to share my final page for Jo's Nature challenge at Art Journal Journey.  I've been making lots of autumn themed pages recently, so I decided to end the month with someone different. 


My background started as a sheet of black watercolor paper. I used a stencil and white paint and created the circles background.  I also used a very light coat of gesso over the entire page. Then I went and started another page on this background, but I didn't like that page at all.

I pulled off the images from my background, which left a few rough spots. Personally, I like the rough spots as they give some texture, so I not only left them but I also didn't cover them all over.


To make this page I added 3 strips of washi tape. On top of the tape I added a printed acetate ring with some white paper (cut to fill the ring) underneath. I lightly brushed that white paper with a bit of light brown ink just to dull down some of the white. The tiger, leaf and banana plant are Stamperia images fussy cut from an image book.  I die cut the temple on some multi-colored paper, outlined it with a pen, and added 3 little crafting gemstone hearts. Finally, I stamped the quote which is from Alison Bomber/ Paper Artsy.

I definitely want to thank Jo for being a wonderful host at Art Journal Journey.  ❤ I also want to thank everyone who participated  at AJJ also. Even though I seemed to stick with autumn themed pages, I had a great time with this challenge.

Have a great rest of your month.


15 comments:

Tom said...

...time passes in a flash!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic artwork. I can't believe it's the end of the month, either. Have you had any snow / flurries yet? Yesterday some of that lake effect snow in NY made it to my corner of CT. Just some very light flurries, briefly, but not what I wanted to see. Is it Spring yet? :-)

kathyinozarks said...

awesome art journal page November has been really long for us this year but am surprised too that December will be here very soon hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

That saying speaks to me today :)

Christine said...

Lovely page

Jeanie said...

This one is very exotic!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Love this 'Nature 'page for Jo's AJJ theme! Great main image and I do love that quote, hugs, Chrisx

DVArtist said...

I love this piece of art so much. I have some washi tape and have no idea how to use it. LOL

CJ Kennedy said...

Fantastic page. I thought October went by fast, but I think November went by faster. I hope you were warm today.

Iris Flavia said...

Interesting techniques and wonderful outcome!
Yes, I fail to understand today is the very last day of November! Stop the time from running! Let´s slow down, right, hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very cool stenciled background, goes great with the asian jungle nature theme. Love your collage elements. XXO

Neet said...

A lovely page Erika, I do like the white circles you painted and I imagine they are a bit textural too. Obviously I love the tiger and the hint of Asia within the page. I long for Asian themed things to come back in vogue.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a gorgeous page! The black background makes that beautiful tiger image pop - love it ☺️. Thanks so much for inspiring us at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your final November page, that tiger is so great! I love washi tape too. Just curious who you ordered your Matt Tints from, you mentioned they were in customs? ~Elle

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a very nice page.
I don't know where this year has gone! It's flown by!

All the best Jan