Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Dressing for Winter

 Hi everyone. It's already time for a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday. Where did the last 2 weeks go?

First let me thank Elisa for being our guest designer for our last Sparkle challenge, and also I want to thank everyone who joined us also. Sparkles were so much fun I even used a few  in my latest page. 😏

Our newest challenge for the next 2 weeks is 

Baby It's Cold Outside

And it's gotten cold where I live. Yesterday morning it was only 22 degrees (-5.5 degrees C)  so this challenge is perfect for the bundling up I've needed to do. 


I think these ladies on my page got caught without their heavy winter clothes, so of course it's cold. (grin)
I created a snowy page because it has to be cold to snow.

I first inked my page with some black ink, and then I die cut a designed snowy background.  I cut it from grey paper so it would not quite disappear into the background, and just give the page a bit of texture.  Then I added a couple of pieces of washi tape and die cut the blue stars from some pretty sparkle paper. Finally I die cut/embossed the white snowflakes, gave all them a bit of shiny silver center and added the TH women as well as the sticker quote.

Don't forget to check out all of the other designers artwork also. There's a lot of inspiration about cold for you.

You have 2 weeks to join us at TIOT with your cold inspired artwork, and I hope you'll be inspired and join us there.

Since snow is part of Nature, I am also joining Jo's challenge at Art Journal Journey
Thanks for visiting my blog!

19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This reminds me that I need to order a winter coat :-)

Iris Flavia said...

-5,5C, ugh!!! Beautiful page, though!
Here they predict a winter "too warm" - whatever they think that is ;-)
Keep cozy, hugs

Tom said...

...it's time to dress in layers.

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika,
I love the nostalgic style of your page. The two pretty ladies in their light winter coats would probably be very cold at -5.5°C, but maybe it wasn't that cold where these ladies lived - and they were both very stylish. (I love the looks of yesteryear!) The background and snowflakes complement your image perfectly!
Have a nice week and all the best, Traude
🍂🕯️🫖☕🍂☕🫖🕯️🍂
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/ausflug-auf-den-harzberg-im-august-ein.htm

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page is a close up of the SNOW we got last night. Just a dusting, but still way to early. I hope the snow showers missed you.

hels said...

Time to move to the southern hemisphere for 5 months - of sunny weather, beach picnics and swimming gear:)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your cold page, very well made.Love the ladies, so warmly dressed! It's cold here but not as cold as at your place. Stay warm, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

It feels colder at night here, nice page.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love those hats! Most of the winter I wear a hooded coat. But that look -with the stylish coats and those hats- that's how I want to be lol

Caty said...

OOh Erika, your Art page is absolutely Magnifique ! I like very much the wonderful background, and the washi tape. The snow flakes are lovely, and the ladies are really well dressed for the cold outside.
I wish you a very nice Wednesday, and send big hugs
Caty

Jeanie said...

This piece has a wonderful wintry feel, Erika. Today felt like spring here -- 56 and sunny. Don't worry -- I'll be in your boat very soon!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful, although I think those ladies will be a bit chilled if it really gets cold ;). Thanks for having me as your GDT!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely page

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! Loving your two ladies and all the pretty snowflakes, the frosty colour palette and sparkle is perfect too - it's so beautifully designed ☺️. Such amazing inspiration. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Erika, that is a picture perfect page for the TIOT and AJJ challenges. I have to say I was at first thinking I wouldn't have much for AJJ but finding out everything has a bit of nature in it, ha! I'm working on a space piece now because I mix challenges when I can. XOX

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika, I have an old classic of a song going round in my head. after reading the the post. The snowflakes you added look amazing.
I've had my catch up, you will have to get your sweater finished soon, it will be so warm to wear.
Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne x

Mrs.B said...

I love this page Erika, it has a real frosty look to it with the snowflakes against the grey background. Love those two glamourous ladies.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this snowy page Erika! The ladies are clearly not dressed for your kind of cold but my SIL was telling us how cold they were in France and it's no where near as cold as here so I suppose it depends on where your ladies are living! Hugs, Chrisx

Pia S said...

This page has great texture and a little pop of color and some very decorative snowflakes!