Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving

 Hi everyone.  Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate. And of course, happy Thursday to all of you.

Today is one of my favorite holidays. I like it because it's low key, and it involves good food. 😏

Plus, the important stuff. It's the small things in life that make it so valuable and meaningful. Thank you to all of your bloggers who visit my blog. You share so much good advice, tips, tricks, new ideas, great books, recipes, friendship, entertainment and also many other things I could go on about.

I am also thankful for so many other things in my life, but I won't bore you with them here.


I combined both Nature and a bit of history on my journal page today. I started with a sheet of autumn colored paper. Then I added this outline of a leaf. That outline was actually a leaf shaped opening on the cover of the pad of paper where I got my background paper from. I pulled off the cover and trimmed  around the leaf and then added it on my page.

I stamped some words on the inside of the leaf and then colored the area with a water-based crayon. After I gave it a wash to smooth out the color, I used a colored pencil to draw in the veins. I also did some other background stamping. I die cut the turkey, stamped the Happy Thanksgiving, added some washi tape and a couple of old  stickers along the bottom of my page, and finished off my page with some gold foil paper trim as well as the little confetti dots in the leaf. The 2 stickers remind me of the kind that teachers used to put on our classwork back when I was in elementary school.

We're off to Maine on this Thanksgiving as we're having dinner at my sister-in-law's house. And my daughter is even home and going with us, which is great  (❤) since I haven't seen her at Thanksgiving for a few years now. My sister-in-law is bringing my mother-in-law over to her house for the day also (since my MIL is now in a memory care unit) so it will be nice to have more of the family together.  And, I've mentioned this before,  my sister-in-law's husband, is a chef, so the food is always really tasty. 

And while I'm on a thankful roll, I also want to mention that today would have been my grandmother's 114th birthday. My Nana and I were particularly close, and I still think about her all the time. She taught me to knit, to bake, to love long walks, to travel, and many other things which are important to me now. Since it's a good day to be grateful, I am thankful she was in my life for over 40 years and making my life even better being there.

Have a wonderful day and rest of your week everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

PS: I hope I get a chance to link this post up to Nicole's Friday Face Off and Gillena's Friday Smiles. With a busy week and the long holiday weekend as well as  my daughter being home, I won't have a seperate Friday post this week.






24 comments:

Tom said...

...Erika, I hope that you will have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Iris Flavia said...

I´m wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving, and a very yummy one, too!
Sounds great to have family over. that sure is something to be thankful for.
Nice page for the occasion, too!
Hugs and enjoy!

Angie's Recipes said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Erika! The page looks lovely.

Christine said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Glad you are meetng up with your families, that's great, enjoy and have fun. Love your page, which is also great for Jo's challenge at AJJ!If you don't manage to link up I can do it for you! Hugs, Valerie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fabulous page for today, Erika. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Hope you have fun and safe travels, and lots of family enjoyment. XOX

CJ Kennedy said...

So nice your daughter is able to visit with you. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and in-laws. No cooking and no snow. Win-win.

Neet said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds as lovely as your page in your journal. Love the leaf with the turkey on it and those stickers are fabulous. Never seen anything like those before, coming from England.
At least you won't have any cooking to do and you know thje food is going to be great plus the company. So pleased DD is with you this time. Means a lot having your children with you as how old they are.
Lovely to remember your grandmother.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving
Hugs, Neet xx

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A beautiful Thanksgiving collage. I hope you had a great celebration!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sounds as if your holiday was as nice as our own, Erika, with a family gathering and delicious food. Thanks for your blog friendship over the years.

DVArtist said...

Love your art. It sounds like a wonderful family TG. How can one go wrong with that? Ohhh and a chef making dinner. It will be a day of memories. Have a lovely weekend.

craftytrog said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving art Erika. Hope you had a lovely celebration.
Alison

Carola Bartz said...

Your Thanksgiving plans sound really nice, Erika, and I hope you had a wonderful day with family. Having your daughter there is certainly a special treat. I miss mine a lot, but I know that she is happy and that's important. Have a lovely weekend, Erika, and enjoy the time with such wonderful company.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A lovely journal page. So glad you have family time together this Thanksgiving.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

It is one of our favorite holidays of the year as well. Time to reflect on the year, your life and be thankful. It is also the beginning of the holiday season!

carol l mckenna said...

What a lovely piece of collage work for Thanksgiving ~ hope you had a lovely one ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Divers and Sundry said...

It sounds like a lovely family gathering :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I also went to my sister in law place for Thanksgiving.
Coffee is on.

abasozora said...

you will have a Happy Thanksgiving. for all

Meggymay said...

Hope you had a lovely day with your family Erika, its a fantastic journal page.
Yvonne

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful page and wishing you and yours a happy thanksgiving! So glad you had a fabulous time and thanks for the AJJ inspiration ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

I hope your TG was as wonderful as the plans sounded! So glad you could be with your daughter, too. And yes, a good grandmother teaches us many things that we cherish and remember for the rest of our lives.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! I love this page. We do have so much to be thankful for, hugs Chrisx