Friday, August 14, 2026

How About These Faces?

  Hi everyone. Another week has flown by, at least it has for me. My husband's favorite thing is to say in the summer is that there is only one month that goes faster than July, and that's August. It certainly seems to be true this year. 😉 (Unfortunately too. They're predicting a tough winter ahead...😞)

  Today I am joining Nicole for Friday Face Off and Gillena for her  Friday Lunch Break. Here's some assorted random summer faces I've recently come across.


    I took this photo (above) because I really liked how this table was made from an old workbench. Then I noticed there are a few faces on it too.  
     The next 2 photos are a couple of other yard ornament faces from this same little shop.



   I took this beach photo when we were out cruising on the boat one day. I was actually going for the umbrellas because I loved all the colors, but with all the people, there are lots of faces too. 


  Here's one day's worth of mackerel that we caught when out fishing. They are swimming around in the boat's wet-well. The faces are a little blurry, but you can see them.


And here's a cormorant flying by.


     Next I have a couple of views of a metal flying raven that I splurged on and bought for my garden this summer. (Actually it was on mark down and not all that expensive.)  I don't know if he's easier to make out in the first or second photo.



Next, a metal mosquito sculpture at my local botanical garden. I'm so glad the real ones aren't as big as this one.


And here's a carved wooden dog face also found at my local botanical garden.


   And finally, ha-ha, the other day I came across this oldie of me and my husband at someone's wedding or dress up event. I think this has to be back in the 1980's.  I can't  ID the people to the right of my husband, and I can't remember the event either. Hmmm.


   That's all for me today. Have a super Friday and start to your weekend. 




25 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the face planter on the first picture. So nice to see a younger you and your husband.

hels said...

Because our memories fade with age, you have to write in the back of all photos where you were, who with and what the event was. I also have to write women's married names, if I knew them by their single names.

Tom said...

...I might add that July and August aren't the only months that go by quickly, they all do. Have a wonderful weekend.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lots of interesting faces! The mosquito and the dog at the botanical park take the cake though!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Let’s face it, you certainly have a lot of faces here. Might even be a couple of two-faced people? Who knows? And too many faces are crowded together in the beach to make it enjoyable. One just has to face up to things and get on with life. That’s the kind of face I put on things today. Effacingly yours - David

Lisca said...

Lots of faces for sure. And lots of happy people enjoying the beach.
You caught lots of mackerel! Do you then take them home and eat them? I like mackerel.
I love your flying raven! My cave house that I still own out of town has Pico Grajo as its address. Pico grajo means the raven's beak.
Great oldie photo!
Enjoy your summer weekend,
Lisca

Jeanie said...

Every now and then I come across a photo and go "where the heck was that taken and who ARE those people?!" I bet you had a fantastic fish supper. And loads of faces!

Christine said...

Good faces for the Face Off!

The Happy Whisk said...

August really does zip by. So true. Wishing you a fun weekend.

Carola Bartz said...

Good for you for having splurged on that raven, Erika, I would have been tempted, too. My neighbors have something similar and I always enjoy looking at it when I pass their yard. I love the photo of the younger you and your husband. That is a very crowded beach.That's something I really like about our Northern Californian beaches, they're almost never crowded. The water is freezing even in summer and the currents are too dangerous anyway, and it's often too cool to "sunbathe" (if the sun is even there which it is often not). It's wonderful for walking and watching the big waves and wildlife, collecting driftwood etc.
I'm with Tom, every month seems to pass by way too quickly.
Have a lovely weekend, hugs - Carola

DVArtist said...

This is a lovely post. I actually want all of the yard art for my yard. I like them all. Great shot of the beach and I love the oldie of you and DH. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a lovely weekend. P.S. I changed your link on FFO for you.

an artist reflects said...

Wonderful series of faces of all types ~ Hugs ^_^

peppylady (Dora) said...

I do like metal yard work.

Mary Kirkland said...

I loved all the pictures! I haven't been fishing in a long time.

Kathylorraine said...

I enjoyed all the photos-Happy Friday and weekend hugs Kathy

Gillena Cox said...

Very interesting faces, Erika
Thanks for linking to AFFF


much love

brenda said...

You've spoilt us today Erica, such variety in your photos and puts me to shame, not taken any for a few weeks (being very good and resting the left arm and neck!).

B x

handmade by amalia said...

There is a lot of summer fun in your photos. I have to agree, out August is rushing by as well.
Amalia
xo

Iris Flavia said...

Great faces, especially the last :-) Yes, time runs by - today is a Summer´s day and then.... they predict it´ll cool down. Bleh. So, let´s enjoy, hugs!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I wouldn't normally say I like mosquito's but I do like that one.

Shari Burke said...

Can you believe that the 80s were 4 decades ago?! I hope August slows down for you :-) For me, summer drags slowly along while the last quarter of the year, which I look forward to with great anticipation for the previous three quarters, speeds by in the blink of an eye.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly gave us a lot of faces. I have a ricking horse that is designed like your flying raven. Happy slightly late FFO and AFFF.

Rostrose said...

Haha, dear Erika, I'm also glad that real mosquitoes aren't as big as these 😅! I especially like the dog's face!

Interesting, the old photo where you can't remember either the people or the event—does your husband still remember it?
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html

Lowcarb team member said...

Great post and faces.
August is simply whizzing by and we will soon be in the 'Ber' months.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

First of all, that's a great photo of you with your husband. Enjoyed all the photos you shared for this theme. I zoned in on your yard art, the one of the raven and if I saw one like this, I would splurge too :)