Sunday, August 2, 2026

August Second

    Hi everyone. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend  and start to the new month. Blog wise it's another busy Sunday because there are 3 challenges today I'll be linking  up to. I'll be linking  up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles, Nicole's Sunday in the Art Room (SITAR) and also , because it is the second of the month, I'll be linking  up to Second on the Second over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog .

    Because Second on the Second is a time to repost something from the past, I'm going back to August of 2016. That month along my husband,  my sister-in-law and her husband,  I went on a weekend get-away to a part of the Hudson River Valley in New York. I love to collect odds and ends when I travel, and then when I get home, I like to make a little memory journal. Today I'll re-share  a couple photos of the junk-style journal I made when I was home. 

   Here's a few pages.  This first page is half covered with the brochure from a sangria festival we visited. The journaling pages come from this post August 28, 2016.




  Since my theme this month at Art Journal Journey is In The Good Old Summertime, I thought I'd also share a few summery photos I took on that trip.  You can  find these in some of my August of 2016 posts. Any of these could be a great idea  to make a journal page from too. 😏




   While on our trip, we had visited the Franklin Delano Roosevelt home and presidential library, as well as the Eleanor Roosevelt home. We also made a quick stop at a Vanderbilt mansion which was next door to the other homes and took a lovely walk through the gardens there.















    I took tons more photos, but these were the main ones I posted. One other thing we did while on our travels was visit a vineyard that was having a sangria festival. This potted hibiscus is a beauty.


    It was a fun weekend away. It was fun to relive it again.  And, it was fun to share it for a second time with you. 😏
    Have a great rest of your weekend and start to the new week. 










  

15 comments:

Shari Burke said...

Making memory journals for your trips is such a fun idea. I enjoyed seeing your photos too--looks like you had a great time!

Angie's Recipes said...

That garden is so GORGEOUS! Love the hibiscus.

Tom said...

...your trip goods great. We need FDR now to clean up the Trump mess.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a wonderful way to journal about travel! I love all your junk journal pages about your trip. Those photos are pretty fab too -- you have such an eye!

Anonymous said...

Lovely memories and art-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a fun way of keeping the memories from a trip. The sun is peeking through. I hope you're getting some sun, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember these posts. I really loved the travel journal because I also save freebies, ticket stubs, and souvenirs when I travel. All of these are great for a Second Look on the 2nd. Wonderful reposts. Happy SITAR and Sunday Smiles, too.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely travel memories and photos.

DVArtist said...

I so love your memory journals. They are treasures. Such beautiful photos. That garden is to live for. Wish there was a FDR clone to show up for today. Thank you for sharing with SITAR and have a very nice day.

Mary Kirkland said...

The red flowers are very pretty. I like the pictures.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful photos, and lovely journal art!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Wow, what creativity.

Kathylorraine said...

Lovely post I enjoyed everything-happy new week hugs

brenda said...

Thank you for another wonderful pictorial journey Erika.

B x

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Fond memories rekindled - and that’s a good thing! All the best - David