Friday, August 21, 2026

Friday Flowers and Faces

    Hi everyone. Happy Friday. Another week has sped by, hasn't it? 

    Today I have a bunch of random garden photos to share. I'll be linking  up to Friday Face off over at Nicole's blog and also Friday Lunch Break over at Gillena's blog. And just an FYI- this is a photo heavy post

                                        

     I'll start with these faces on these wild turkeys. I haven't seen them around for a while. I want to say "They're Back!" 😁


   Do you see the grape vine growing over my arbor behind the turkeys? Usually the new growth comes off the old woody vines, and this spring there were none. I thought I'd lost the plant. Then we had a couple days of actual rain, and after that, new shoots came out of the roots. And look at it now. No grapes this year, but the plant certainly wasn't dead. 

     How about the deep red of this lily flower?



A dragonfly hanging out on a tomato plant.


  This year I bought a few plants for a tiny spot next to the deck that usually just filled up with weeds. One plant I bought was a Black Eyed Susan, a favorite plant of mine. It's very happy there and looks amazing right now. Plus there's a face in one of these next photos of the flowers too.





    OK, I guess I got a bit carried away with black eyed Susan photos. 😉 Next up some golden-rod with another face, and then another favorite of mine which are now blooming.


Zinnias ❤


    The other day I noticed 3 Great Spangled Fritillary butterflies on this one bunch of zinnias at one time. I only captured a photo of 2 of them because one flew off as I walked over in that direction.



   These tiger lilies blooms have seen better days, but I still think the flowers are very interesting to look at.



Here's another face on some milkweed.


   This first dandelion photo is slightly out of focus, except for one seed that is breaking away over on the left.


   You can still see the dandelion break away seed here, but it is not so dramatic.


  I visited my daughter the other day, and my son-in-law pointed out this swallow-tail caterpillar that was in his garden.


And to wrap up this post, the son-in-law's sunflowers look AMAZING! 




   Have a wonderful Friday and start to the weekend everyone.


23 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

wow your garden now is so colourful and looking really good! Do those wild turkeys behave in your garden or they damage things as they go?

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think the resurgence of the grape vines is a clear message from Bacchus that wine making is in your future. Better get all the equipment ready and practice your skills. Please let us all know when the bacchanalia will take place. We wouldn’t want to miss it. The fritillaries might visit to take a sip or two. All the best - David

Tom said...

...Erika, fabulous garden delights. May you enjoy your remaining summer weekends.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What vibrant colours!

Anonymous said...

Erika your photos are spectacular! Glad your grape plant is fine.-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

Wow -- fantastic flowers! Life is a riot of color in your garden. That red lily, even the caterpillar!

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for all these wonderful photos Erika, and also for stopping by. I appreciated you letting me know about your caterpillar. Such a beauty! Everything here is beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed. Happy Friday!

an artist reflects said...

Gorgeous nature photos ~ lovely floral and butterfly and lady bug too !
Hugs ^_^

https://anartistreflects.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful flowers and so nice to see the bees, butterflies, and almost butterfly. Enjoy your day

Carola Bartz said...

Your garden (and that of your SIL) is beautiful, Erika. The Rudbeckia look fantastic, they are such happy flowers. Turkeys in a garden on the other hand is not so fun, they can do a lot of damage. I also like your Goldenrod - mine is taking its time to flower, it will be beautiful in the fall. Do you also grow vegetables or is the season not long enough for that? I see that you have tomatoes - I think homegrown tomatoes are the best. I hope you have a lot more time to enjoy your garden. Hugs - Carola

Gillena Cox said...

Wow, that lily is so red
Fantastic photos
Happy Friday
Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much love

brenda said...

Your Nature photos are a feast for the eyes, amazing depth of colour on the Lily and Zinnias take me right back to childhood as my Dad used to grow them.

B x

Shari Burke said...

I enjoyed seeing all your flowers! You have many that remind me of Nana, who also had a lot of black-eyed Susans, zinnias, and tiger lilies.

Lisca said...

Oh what a beautiful display in your garden! With bees and butterflies and caterpillars. I like the yellow susans too.
Enjoy the weekend,
Lisca

Fundy Blue said...

Such lovely garden photos, Erika! I took a photo of a ladybug on a milkweed pod in the park this morning. Great minds think alike! 😂. Have a lovely weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

WOW! Your garden is so lovely and colourful ... great photographs. Nice to see the turkeys too.
Happy Friday Wishes.

All the best Jan

Maria Medeiros said...

oh your garden is so magical! beautiful flowers. I love the bumble bee and the ladybug and the butterfly. I adore sunflowers. Beautiful! Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Mae Travels said...

Summer flowers are lovely — so often, the spring flowers seem more dramatic, but these are wonderful blossoms.
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Mary Kirkland said...

So much life in your garden. I love the pictures.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have a stunning garden, or should I say gardens. Lots of great faces and I also had some of those swallow tail caterpillars before they munched down on the last of my dill. Great post. Happy FFO and AFFF.

Iris Flavia said...

This is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing, hugs!

Kathylorraine said...

Awesome photos Erika, I enjoyed them all-I missing seeing the wild turkeys-they are close by here though-when I used to go food shopping very early in the morning I would see them they are such characters happy weekend
Kathy

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika!
Oh, the turkeys! Are they venturing into your garden around Thanksgiving too? 😁😎
By the way, I'm so glad your grapevine didn't die. Not every plant survived the weeks of heat and drought here either, but after three days of at least a little rain, one or two plants are coming back to life!
Your garden, and also that of your daughter and son-in-law, has so much beauty to offer. I'm especially delighted to see the swallowtail caterpillar 🐛!

Oh, and I just learned something new from your beautiful Black-eyed Susans! To be more precise, I did some detective work 😉. I actually wondered whether “Black-eyed Susan” might be the American name for Rudbeckia, because your flowers didn't look like what I know as a Black-eyed Susan here in Austria and Germany. Here, that name refers to Thunbergia alata - I'll send you a link so you can see what I mean:
https://pflanzensache.de/schwarzaugige-susanne/
So I checked - and yes, apparently Rudbeckia is indeed commonly called Black-eyed Susan in the US. Another little difference in plant names between our countries! 😊
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/reisebericht-2025-hope-manchmal-ist.html