Saturday, August 18, 2012

Adventure is worthwhile

Here's a card using some of these great stamps from Artistic Outpost. I cut out the license plate and used distress stains to give it a rusty old look. I wanted it to look like a real metal license plate and I think it does. And I die cut the gears and used some Viva Gold rub on paints to make them look both metallic and old too. I love those pieces on this card. 
My least favorite part of this card is the blue tape I used across the bottom. It looks too new compared to the rest of the card.
But I don't dislike this card.
I love the saying on this card too.
So today I am hopefully going to have another of my own great summer adventure.
I a little bit of unexpected and a lot of love and fun.
Let you know later what I was up to, since right now it is still a bit unplanned, you know how adventures are, the best ones are not set in stone and set in a tight chronological plan.
But I think it will be me and Katie, off on a mother/daughter day of fun before she leaves to go back to college and I have to go back to work. I still have a week off, but you know how one weeks is. It is great but it flies right by.

Happy Saturday all you blog readers.



No comments: