Thursday, September 26, 2013

Falling for You

I have been feeling pretty creative lately-pulling out my fall and Halloween stamps tends to do that me.  I don't use most of these stamps all year except in the fall, so pulling them out is like getting a  bin of new things. Plus I find fall inspiring-all the leaves turning and the crispness. My homebody gal starts coming out.
I will say there's one thing about fall I don't really like though-
the short days that just keep getting shorter.
Guess it makes the spring and summer all that much sweeter.
So I am showing you a very fallish journal spread. 
A brown painted background. Some traced leaved-once again I die cut the leaves (Sizzix) and then used the paper I die cut from as my stencil. Love that about die cutting- you get twice the fun from one cut.
I added some paint and let it dry.
The next step was to stamp the words (Inkadinkado) and then I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some gold Perfect Pearls spray. A bit of doodling to fill in the leaves, and I have my page.
Not my usual complex background, but I am still happy with the results.
Always amazed me how a little change of light makes the leaves and the background colors look slightly different.
This is the stencil I used- called Sunburst.
It adds just enough to the page without overwhelming it.
Sometimes just repeating words or a pattern really makes the page pull together.
Yup, still stuck on patterns.
So glad it is Thursday.
Ready for the weekend!
If only it was Friday-
ha-ha!
See you again soon.

No comments: