Monday, September 3, 2018

Dragons

Hi everyone. Happy  Labor Day to those of you in the US. It's the last day of my 4 day weekend (wow-time does fly) and for once we are having good weather all weekend. Usually part of this weekend is cold and wet. Although I must say today the heat and humidity is back. We've had so much of it this summer you think I would be used to is by now.  
I have another page for Yvonne's Fantasy challenge at Art Journal Journey When I heard the new challenge for September I immediately thought of dragons, and I was ambitious and carved the dragon head and flames. 
The background is an attempt at magazine photo transfer on a Gelli plate. I then had some left over string media from some other pages. String media is meant to be poured, and I had it in a cup, so I was able to pour little drops. I also stamped the ensignia image and the queen (she's an oldie from Stamper's Anonymous), and then I drew and added her sword. 
The weekend was busy since my daughter and her beau were here for part of it, so today I am going to relax. Hope everyone had a great weekend and thanks for visiting.

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun page, you are really living out your fantasies here. Have a great day, make the best of your weekend. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Love your dragon stamp and the flames. After a busy weekend, you deserve to put your feet up. Enjoy your day off

sheila 77 said...

I just love your dragon and flame stamps. He looks a rather sweet dragon.
I like the queen - I hope she is just about to cut a cake and not chop up the sweet dragon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe of your stamp carving abilities and all the techniques you used to achieve this fantasy. It's a lovely page, great dragons and flames, and a wonderful Queen with her trusty sword. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. I LOVE what you made. Hope the rest of your Labor Day is great, too.

froebelsternchen said...

Your carving is super and this page is just brilliant! I love all about it and I am thrilled about this string gel droplets! So cool! A fantastic entry for Yvonne's theme! Thank you very much dear Erika!
Relax !
This long weekend really flew away!
Here as well- fun times tick away much quicker-lol!

Big hugs, Susi

kathyinozarks said...

Wow I am in love with your dragon art-and that you made the stamps and used different techniques-really nice piece
sounds like some really nice time off away from work for you-hot and humid here again too-sigh I am so ready for fall temps ha ha

Dortesjs said...

great colourful art journal

craftytrog said...

A fabulous fantasy page Erika, I'm very impressed with your dragon carving!
Alison xxx

Meggymay said...

Wow, I love your hand carved dragons, Even though they are supposed to scare folk I think yours could be friendly and protecting the Queen. It also reminded me of the dragons in The Game of Thrones series.
A fabulous page Erika, the background is super and I am so thrilled you like the AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Rike said...

This is a very exciting background for your sweet queen! She does not look so cruel as to slay those dragons, but who know's? To slay the own dragons (the bad thoughts) is important to do for refreshing the own mind - it's cool how you drew the sword in her hand!
Hugs-Rike

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you had clear weather for your week-end. The call to "slay your dragons" is encouraging, and I love that queen ready with her sword to take on those fire-breathers. She will prevail!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful page! I love your Knight and the fire from the dragon - perfect 😁. Hope you are having a great week and Happy Thursday! J 😊 x

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful page and your selfmade stamp look great. Well balanced creation.
Dear greetings
Sabine

Caty said...

Really you carved the dragon´s head Erika ?? this is GORGEOUS !!! lovely, I adore it!! This is a fantastique work !! Love this your Art journal page, I think that we sometimes have some inner dragons, :) Life is always an adventure !
I wish you a very nice Sunday, big hugs, Caty