Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Rest of a Travel Journal


Hi everyone. This past weekend I finished up my Newfoundland travel journal. Thought I would show you a few pages I haven't shown you before.
Hopefully I haven't shown you all of these before.

Those of you who have seen my journals before know I love cutting up free travel brochures and other bits and papers I bring home.

 In this journal I made and added a few tags too.
You can never have too many tags.
 And sometimes you come across articles that help tell the story of the place you visited.



It would be fun to have another upcoming trip this fall  so then I could make another journal. Oh well. I will be in the classroom instead. I have to say I am having a little bit of  travel fever right now. Even for a little day trip. I think it's just the change of scenery and something different from the normal routine I crave.  Smile. I always get this way in September. In 2 years I will be able to go away in September. Now that is worth a big smile.
Thanks for visiting. 

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pages from your travel journal, they show how much fun you had. I only get away for day trips these days, but I always enjoy them. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your pages made me smile. The moose and the car encounter though it if happened in real life not so funny. Love the boot prints, too. Though you might have Wanderlust, you can always look back through this journal to relive you adventure. And 2 years will go by in a blink. Have a good day.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your travel journal-thanks for sharing with us

Birgit said...

Your journal pages are so much fun and interesting to look at and read about. I love the collages you created. I can so relate to wanting to travel because once I start travelling, I don't want to stop.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the way you use those materials for your journals. It's a way to remember it twice, and I've always wondered how best to use those brochures and maps I hate to through away. This is perfect! I like the "once in a lifetime" quote.

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh well done for finishing your Newfoundland journal Erika. These pages are just brilliant. All the ephemera and bits and bobs you collect on your journeys make for such awesome memory books.
Hope all ok with you.
Gill xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, I am full of admiration!! This is wonderful and what a great way to remember that trip!

froebelsternchen said...

This pages are simply amazing! What a fab travel journal this is!

Is it already reality with the end of teaching?! Congrats on this decision!

Hugs Susi,
feeling even a little bit more better ---

Meggymay said...

Your travel journal pages look wonderful Erika. They will be good to look at and I am sure they will be storing fond memories of your trip, for you to recall in the passing of time.
Yvonne xx

Rike said...

Your Newfoundland travel journal is very beautiful with all these amazing details!
Hugs-Rike

Jeanie said...

I love your travel journals. I know my England one will feel like a slacker! I especially love the top photo with the elk crossing!

craftytrog said...

Wonderful pages, and great use of your holiday ephemera Erika! xxx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I really do have to visit Newfoundland. It is the only province I have not visited and I keep saying that I will go, but somewhere else always seems to get in the way!