Friday, September 28, 2018

My Dragon Attempt

Hi everyone. Another week is winding down. Another month also. Before we know it the leaves will be falling and it will be getting really cold. What is really noticable now is how short the days have gotten already. Guess that's what happens when it's just about October. (And I am glad its not that wintery yet.)
So I wanted to post one more Fantasy journal page to our hostess Yvonne's challenge Art Journal Journey
This is my dragon attempt. I started by using some napkins to make the background, as well as a bit of very watered down acrylic paint. Then I painted my dragon, added some green glass glitter and some wing, ears and a few other cut outs that I drew and colored on another piece of paper. Finally I added his ridges, did a bit more drawing, and then added the quote which I cut out of a FLOW magazine that I have.
He looks like he has a big 1950's pompadour hairstyle. Smile.  
But I did have some fun creating him. Not 100% happy with him, but I'm not unhappy with him either.
Running behind this morning so that's all for me today. Thanks for visiting.


14 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Your dragon looks very happy, and I can hear him singing Do-wop. He made me start my day with a smile. Stay dry.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your colourful dragon, just the right thing on this cold and blustery day. Have a good one, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

I love you page! The colourful painted dragon and wording that you used is delightful and his hair is fabulous - perfect 😀. Happy Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend too! J 😊 x

Jeanie said...

I love the quote you put here. In some ways it reminds me of yesterday's hearing, although the beaten part has yet to be determined...

Divers and Sundry said...

I can tell the seasons by the growing shade on my north-facing patio even when we still get hot days. Your dragon looks wonderful, and I've always loved that quote :)

froebelsternchen said...

He turned out very regal and majestic and also looks a bit like a hairstyle mannequin. And a fantasic background and quote to him!
A super and fanciful entry for Yvonne's theme Erika! Thank you very much! Happy weekend! Hope you have an enjoyable one planned!
Here it is quite sunny - nice days - cool nights. All normal chaos for me. I feel good butstill missing my muse, she works in the kitchen and garden and has no time for Art Journaling I fear.
Big hugs, Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Mercy, Erika. I think your dragon is spot on. The way you included the fantasy element is perfect for Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. I think it's a beauty and have enjoyed every entry you created this month, dear. Thanks for sharing all you make with AJJ.

Caty said...

This dragon is really stunning Erika !! So wonderful, love theses colours, I thins it´s a good dragon , amazing !
I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugs, Caty

Meggymay said...

Well I think your dragon looks fantastic Erika. I wouldn't want to cross his path if he were in a bad mood, but he does seem to have a cheeky glint in his eye, so maybe he is a friendly dragon at heart.
Thank you for all the wonderful fantasy pages you have made for the theme I chose this month at AJJ. Your support has been very much appreciated.
We have the darker evening now as well, the leaves are changing and dropping from the trees, autumn is well on its way. here.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It took me forever, but I finally found the name of the man in the painting you were asking about: Marshal Soult

Jeannette said...

this its fantastic,love your green dragon,looks so cute.
happy weekend,dear erika.

hugs jenny

Rike said...

I think this dragon looks very friendly and I would have no fear to meet him ... but who knows?
The background is fitting very well, the red and green colours are amazing and the green glass glitter gives him the right dragon skin!
Wish you a happy weekend! Hugs-Rike

Words and Pictures said...

He does look like a very friendly dragon, and why not? Love the vivid green and those glittery scales.
Alison x

WendyK said...

Fabulous page, love the dragon and the bright colours.