Sunday, September 30, 2018

Goodbye September

Hi everyone.  
Today I have a tag for the fall/Halloween challenge over at Tag Tuesday  I took out my fall stamps recently and it was time to play with some ink. 
I don't know about you, but I love playing with fall and Halloween images.
Besides my autumn ink play, it's time to start some of the fall chores. Yesterday I cut back my veggie garden while my husband  put down some sod on the dirt area right in front of our deck stairs. Hurrah. Now when it's wet or damp outside the dogs won't come in with muddy feet.
And it came out really well.
I also cleared out this strip of the yard right up against the woods. I put in a hydrangea and next spring I will fill it in with some hosta. Hopefully that will make a little living wall between the grass and the wilds.
I feel like I am a little bit ahead of schedule which makes me happy. Usually I wait too long and then the leaves have fallen so  raking takes a higher priority. I had a day last weekend to plant some bulbs too. I have to say it's great to get out and enjoy some autumn sunshine.
Hope you're having a good weekend also.
And thanks for visiting also.

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My gosh, Erika. Your yard looks fabulous with new sod. And your new area will be beautiful next spring, with new hostas, too. You have had SO much energy and have worked so hard getting your garden and yard ready for winter. I'm SO impressed. It's already beautiful, and I'm sure will be even more so next year. You put my yard to shame.

That is a beautiful tag. You colored it so well, too. I don't know where you have found the time. Yes I do. You didn't sit in front of the TV like I did this weekend (grin).

CJ Kennedy said...

Your tag would make the perfect Fall greeting card. The hydrangea and mums around your deck look beautiful. Your lawn is going to look great. Hooray to no more muddy paws or is that wishful thinking? =^,.^= Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like woodland settings so always enjoy these photos. That hosta and hydrangea placement will make a good edge between your lawn and the woods. Idyllic!

Valerie-Jael said...

How good to be ahead of schedule, lately I'm always chasing myself. You worked hard in the garden. I LOVE the gorgeous tag, this is really my fave season, and I, too, like playing with the autumn stuff just now. Thanks so much for joining us again at TT, much appreciated. Enjoy your afternoon, just got home here and am looking forward to putting my feet up. Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Your yard is beautiful and how wonderful it goes right against the woods!

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful autumn tag Erika, the leaves look lovely.
Super photos of your work in the garden, it will be a lovely area where you planted the hydrangea.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

Lovely to see your garden - you've inspired me to get out and do some tidying up (definitely needed) although some gardening advice says leave the plants for the insects and bees to hide in over the Winter. Maybe do both?
Fun tag with the lovely leaves - I welcome Autumn.

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautiful tag Erika and you both did an amazing job in the garden ! Well done!
Happy October for you!

Much work in the garden and with the fruits and veggies and mushrooms here as well. But fantastic when autumn is so friendly to us!

Big hugs, Susi

Caty said...

Your tag is GORGEOUS Erika !! Love its wonderful colours with those so beautiful leaves, and also Halloween theme! Lovely !
I like very much your garden corner, it looks so wonderful!!
I wish you a very nice new week, and month too,
Big hugs, Caty

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Another beautiful autumnal tag - great choice of colours to depict the season. Plans for your garden sound great.

Anonymous said...

Hope Maddy and Pete don't dig it up??? Looks fab. Dave working hard out there and glad you got some bulbs in, that will be a nice view from the house next Spring. xox