Friday, January 22, 2021

Art For Friday

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday to you. 

Today I have quite a few pieces of art to share. First of all, I have a tag for this latest challenge at Tag Tuesday. This  latest challenge is hosted by Michelle and her theme is Fairy Garden.


I used some left over ink to make my background and stamped the rest of the images. A few images were fussy cut and colored, the rest were stamped directly onto the tag and colored.

I also completed the challenge for Day 11 at Creative Jumpstart. The teacher for this lesson was Riika Kovasin.

We were asked to use sales receipts ( or online order receipts in my case) to create squares. I used 2 left over receipts  that came in holiday gifts I had ordered online. I painted one with various colored watered down acrylics and the other one I stamped with various repeated images.

 Instead of mounting my punched out squares on an envelope as the class instructions, I went my own way mounted them right in my journal. I actually loved the envelope idea and writing a letter to ourselves for the future, but I am also trying to complete some other class lessons as well as some challenge art, and I want to have these pages for future idea reference. I was afraid an envelope in the mess I usually create would get lost.


After we created our squares, we were to make an artistic person to put on them. We could use photos, magazine cut outs, stamped images, drawings, you name it. I drew a body and then used an Art by Marlene punch out for the face on my first page.

I had some left over squares and decided to use them on another journal page. This time I used all Art by Marlene punch outs (you sure get a lot  in a booklet for not a lot of money) and made a slightly different type of page. 


As I've said before, I am picking and choosing what I actually make, depending on whether it's something that interests me. I am watching all the videos though as they are all really good. I really needed this little art tickle the class has given me. That is one of my favorite things. It feels good to be trying out or retrying new techniques instead of doing the same thing over and over.  I am linking up to Art Journal Journey and my favorite things challenge. 

I noticed on Jo's (Let's Art Journal) blog she mentioned  the square challenge Country View Challenge, so I thought I would join in with these pages too.

That's all for me today. I hope everyone has a great day and start to your weekend too.


19 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful pages! Loving your designs and the art images are gorgeous, especially the little cluster of people in their stripey clothing - fabulous 😀. It's so funny how we always seem to think alike, I've done a square panel background design too which you'll see it on T Day ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Himawan Sant said...

Wow, your cartoonist creation is so beautiful ... the colors you choose are also interesting.

Greetings from Indonesia

Barbara said...

Love the background in your first photo! The purple/aqua is beautiful together!

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet tag. Reminds me of Gnomevember at Tower Hill with Nan 2019, Seems like a lifetime ago! Looks like you had fun with the lesson and I like how you put your own spin on it. Stay warm today!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, and I love the pages you made, big WOW! Thanks so much for linking again to Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

I absolutely adore those grid pages inspired by Riikka's class on CJS! Your little squares are all gorgeous, and the quirky characters are wonderful. This was one of my favourite classes, and I can see that you enjoyed it too Erika!
I love your sweet fairy tag too!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Alison xox

Divers and Sundry said...

The little squares are cool! They make a great background.

Iris Flavia said...

Love the first one and... cool idea with the following ones!
To a great weekend :-)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I am so excited about this new technology! The pages are designed fabulously! I love that ... also the color of it!
Have a nice weekend and take care, hugs Elke

Jeanie said...

The second and third ones with the squares are especially fun. I love the faces and the grid behind makes such a good background. It's busy and interesting but not distracting. What a good technique!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for taking so long to visit. Sometimes life gets in the way of computer time. I'm so far behind, I may never catch up, but I'm trying. It doesn't help I fell asleep while reading this. Not that it or you are boring, but I am just running on sheer adrenaline right now.

I think what's great about the classes is you made the lesson your own. By doing it your way, you showed how you took the elements from the instructor and turned it into projects you were comfortable with. When I taught the AB class, I encouraged people to make art that fit their needs, not imitate what I made. I think you were smart to do that with these great pages you shared for Art Journal Journey.

That's a lovely tag, too. I have no fairies, but I'm enjoying seeing what others come up with.

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous journal pages Erika, the punched squares make a lovely colourful and interesting background and I love all your artistic people. Love the fairy tag.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Avril xx

nwilliams6 said...

The tag and the pages are wonderful! I love those faces and people you added to your class projects. I need to check out those punch outs. Very cool squares you made. Fab stuff here! Hugz

Michele said...

the tag is darling! thank you for linking to tag tuesday! your creative jump start piece is stunning! xo

Corrie Herriman said...

Great project! Thank you so much for your contribution to our January 'Squares' Challenge over at Country View Challenges!
Corrie x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow I love how you have used the squares to make this fabulous project. Thanks for taking part in this months challenge at Country View Crafts. Hugs Debs x

nanskidrewski said...

So cool. Love the technique. Great colors.

Neet said...

I like the tag but the square projects in the journal are fabulous! What a lovely idea. You could extend this with lots of different things cut into squares to provide memories of things in your life. I do like the face from Marlene but the other page with the various figures is brilliant!
Great work, love it.
Hugs, Neet xx

rachel said...

Absolutely amazing - love these! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw. Hugs rachel xx