Sunday, January 10, 2021

Organic Shapes

Hi everyone. Hope your weekend is going well, and everyone is staying healthy.

I decided since I'm spending so much time inside at home right now that I would sign up for some online inspiration. I've done Creative Jumpstart before , but not for a few years. When I was working I really didn't have time to do much other than watch the videos, and even that didn't always work.

I don't feel I need to make art for each day if the project doesn't really inspire me, although even if the project isn't something I want to do, its always worth watching and learning a few new tricks. 

Day 3 was a lesson by Martice Smith.  It was all about making organic shapes and Gelli printing. I love to Gelli print. It had been quite awhile since I pulled out my plate, so a single page turned into a whole stack. I'm a little behind since day 3 of the month is long gone, but  I thought  I would show you my creations today.

First I cut out 4 different organic shapes from a tyvek postal envelope.





This part of the lesson was a new idea for me. I've cut out shapes with paper to Gelli print with, but the tyvek is better because it is so much more sturdy than paper. I may have to use these cut outs on a journal page or for more Gelli printing sometime, especially now that they have cool painted details.

Here's my Gelli printed pages.







I thought these round forms would be my favorite, but the next few with the straight lines are the ones I really liked best.





I am linking up these pages to Art Journal Journey and my favorite things challenge. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and start of the new week!





11 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Great project and I have to say... I like the lines better, too - really great work!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, looks like BIG fun, glad you enjoyed it. Have a great, Valerie Amos

Mae Travels said...

I enjoyed your images, especially the individual color palettes of each one. I don't understand why you call the shapes organic -- I thought that referred to shapes found in nature, like leaves. But the designs are pleasing.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

That looks like so much fun. Hard to tell which one would be a favorite as they are all so good. Enjoy your day!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Making shapes is always fun to do. Lovely artwork.

Jeanie said...

That's a good idea, the tyvek. It makes loads of sense.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you are well on your way to some enjoyment with this artwork, Erika. I may also try some online courses this year but haven't decided on any as of now.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You get a lot of use out of your gelli. I hate mine and I paid a fortune for it. You would think I would sleep with it, it was so costly, but I just don't get it for some reason. I sure like the tyvek shapes you created. Tyvek is such a great material. These are all fabulous. I think you got your money's worth out of that lesson. Thanks for sharing it with us and creating such an inspirational post with us at Art Journal Journey.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! This looks like so much fun! You got some great prints! I took part in Creative Jump Start a few years ago and enjoyed it! Decided on the weekly Wanderlust this year! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Those prints all look fabulous Erika! I love the shapes you created to use with your gel plate. I've never used Tyvek before, but I'll be keeping all those envelopes now!
Alison xox

Divers and Sundry said...

Great designs, and I like the straight lines best, too. I love your color choices.