Sunday, January 24, 2021

Last Week of January

 Hi everyone. 

 It is hard for me to believe we are starting the last week of January. It seems I was just picking up my holiday decorations and wondering how I would  occupy myself during the month with winter howling around me. Thanks to a spell of not so bad winter weather, I've made it this far, and I am shocked that we only have a week left to go until February.  

We are in the deep freeze with winds this weekend however, which has meant lots of indoor time with the wood stove going. Looks the like the nights in this upcoming week are going to get pretty cold also, down near into the teen degrees F (or about -10 to 12 degrees C). And chillier days too. I think the mild winter weather has headed for a vacation south. I wish I was too. Smile.

My page for Art Journal Journey today was made with one of my favorite techniques.


The background is watered down blue, brown and grey acrylic paint. I also stamped some paint circles using an old empty tape roll.
I used my favorite technique to make the tree. 
I started by stamping a tree image I really like. I stamped it twice just slightly overlapping because I wanted to the make the tree wider and larger. This became my base image which I could then paint over. You could say I used the stamp in place of pencil sketching. 

I added a little white snow under the tree and stamped the birds. 


I finally added the TH sticker words and also some white ghostly looking leaves that are clear stickers. To me they are dreams of the spring and summer. Or at least dreams of some milder weather than this weekend.

That's all for me. I hope your weekend is going well.

















17 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

An empty tape roll - good idea! Love your work - occasionally a bit of snow here, too little, thankfully to stay.
Happy Sunday to you.

kathyinozarks said...

good morning-I love your page very much-I love the tip to use a stamp as a base-cool I love warmth from a wood stove so much-miss that.
Happy new week Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful colors thought I could do without the snow. Cold this week, but a warm up for next! Wear your mittens and stay warm! 😺

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful journal page, the tree is fabulous! Have a day day, , hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This turned out great. It's beautiful and you painted it so well, too. I am in awe of how well you paint. This is a very inspiring piece you created for us at Art Journal Journey. Let's hope for warm days ahead. Here we're under a winter storm warning until 9 pm tomorrow night.

Barbara said...

Nice one, of course with snow. Interesting to double stamp an image to enlarge it.

nwilliams6 said...

Erika, this is so pretty! Great tree with a great look - your painting over the tree technique is fabulous. Super background too with great details like that tape roll. Love the words - I am ready for the garden days! Hugz

Stevenson Q said...

Dearest Erika! Your beautiful art just gave me the beautiful feeling of snow even if I haven't seen snow yet! it's like blooming snowflakes! Keep warm dear Erika! my best friend in Toronto says it's super harsh on his side.

Jeanie said...

I love this! The tree image really works -- love the white blossoms against the blue and the tree is fabulous. Fun background too. This one is a winner!

Divers and Sundry said...

Our high today is predicted to be 70-something F, and I'm not feeling a winter vibe at all lol I'll enjoy your snowy scene :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork. (I hope you don't get snow today. We're only supposed to get a few inches here in Connecticut, but even that is too much.)

craftytrog said...

A wonderful mixed media page Erika! I love the tree!
Alison xx

nanskidrewski said...

Love the colors. We got 3 1/2 inches of snow here. Stay warm.

nanskidrewski said...

Love the colors. We got 3 1/2 inches of snow here. Stay warm.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your page, it looks good.
I too have found that January has gone by so quickly!

All the best Jan

Neet said...

I love this spage. I love your tree. What a great technique or should I say a culmination of several techniques. I have never stamped a tree like that but I will, if you don't mind. It is very atmospheric.
H<ugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous tree. love how you made it too! Chrisx