Thursday, January 7, 2021

Three Sisters

 Happy Thursday everyone.  I had another post for today, but it seemed like the wrong one after yesterday's events in Washington D.C.  All I can say is unbelievable. January 20 can't get here fast enough, and it is time to get rid of the instigator before we aren't a democracy anymore and before more people die. And I'm not even talking about the Covid deaths either.

So my post today is more silly and fun to lighten things up a bit.  Even if it is just myself who needs to be lightened up. (Sorry, I try to be apolitical here, but yesterday's events bother me to my core. I am sure this is true for many of you also.)


I'm linking up to  Art Journal Journey with another favorite thing. Today my favorite thing is about unexpected discoveries in art.
 
First I stenciled the background with some green paint.  It was a little too much green and pattern  to add an image on (and have the image show up nicely that is), so I added a bit of printed tissue paper to dull down the green design. The tissue made a nice background on which to place my images.

It might sound strange, but the TH Found Relative on the right of my page was laying on my work table but was headless. I had used the face in another piece of art and hated to waste to body.  The flower head was also on my table, and when I tried them together, well it worked! Then I had a couple of the Janet Klein cuties stamped on some paper, but not colored or cut out also sitting in a pile on my table. I thought, why couldn't I add those to some TH Found Relative bodies?  So I tried that and really liked the result.

I used a piece of cloth ribbon trim to give them something to stand on. I thought they could use a fun dogs also, and one of my Art By Marlene punch out books (from Studio Light) had this funky blue spotted poodle. Those girls look like they would have a blue spotted poodle. I also found this quote to punch out, and since there are 3 adjectives and 3 girls, each girl can get an adjective. Which one do you think is classy? Which one is sassy? And your choice for bad-assy? I know who I pick for each word.

That's all for me today. Thanks for visiting.











12 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

"it is time to get rid of the instigator." Amen. But he's still saying he's not done, that this is just the beginning :(

I love your calming colors on this piece.

CJ Kennedy said...

I think a lot of us were shocked, but I'll keep my political opinions to myself so I won't spoil the vibe of this wonderful page you created. I love those cutie stamps. Such a fun style, a little like Tim Burton. Take care.

Mae Travels said...

You are brave to tackle a discussion of the horrendous events in Washington yesterday. The president is responsible for law enforcement. He not only incited the mob, he also chose not to have a police or National Guard presence to protect the capitol building and the members of congress. I am unable to put my thoughts into words!

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

There are no words for yesterday, except my daughter called it surreal.
I like your page and what you did with the heads! L-R order: Classy, Sassy, Bad-Assy! Did I get that right?
I’m so impressed with the pages you gals create. They take a LOT of imagination, and a big stash of do-dads doesn’t hurt.

kathyinozarks said...

Love your page!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your fun page! We are all sad and mad about what happened in Washington, it was a tragedy instigated by that evil scumbag. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

LA Paylor said...

amen.
and thank you for a poodle...LeeAnna

craftytrog said...

I love your page Erika! Those sisters are so cute!
Thinking of you all over the pond!
Big hugs,
Alison xx
P.S. Glad to hear you're doing CJS too. I'm managing to almost keep up, I'm just a day or two behind. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

nwilliams6 said...

Erika, I love these creations with the fun heads - they are so much more interesting than the original heads. Super background and dog too. Happy and fun - something we need after recent non-fun events. We just have to pray that the events are used for good (like bringing Congress together as they had a shared crisis) and making people wake up a bit. Craziness. Hugz

Jeanie said...

I like your sassy classy bad assy girls! Making me smile this terrible week.

As for DC, your words are spot on.

pearshapedcrafting said...

We know where Wednesday's horror began, but also sadly aware that so many people are easily incited into behaving badly - and that's all over the World!
Your page made me smile as I used a JK head on a TH paper doll for a card I sent last year. I was so out of the habit of sending cards that I forgot to photograph it before sending!
Your page and the quote gave me a real laugh - the tall girl looks quite horrified at her friends behaviour.
Love your background, the tissue worked well to lessen the brightness! Hugs, Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful artwork.