Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Art for Wednesday

 Hi everyone. 

Happy Wednesday. I'm here today with some art for Art Journal Journey. This month the challenge is Favorite Things, and there's still a few days left to join the fun.


My page began in my drawing journal. I was doodling crescents as well as coloring and decorating them. I like the spend the evening watching TV with my husband since he is gone all day at work, and it is a good time to use my drawing journal. Just like knitting, drawing is a good way to keep me busy and awake if the show doesn't demand my full attention. 

Although I like this background on its own, I thought it would make a great journal page.


I used  matte medium to to put down some scraps of printed tissue paper.
I then drew the clouds and painted them. I also added the bird stamped image that was sitting on my worktable, after coloring and fussy cutting it. I made him a little nest of bird feathers I had picked up on the beach and were sitting in my stash. 


Finally I used some pink paint to make a spot for the quote.

This page has lots of my favorite things in it. What I like best however is when a page comes together in the end.

Hope your week is going well!


12 comments:

nanskidrewski said...

So pretty. Love the colors and the bird. Doodling is fun.

Divers and Sundry said...

An inspirational quote. I feel a connection with it :) and I like the colors you chose.

Lowcarb team member said...

... it's a lovely page.

Happy midweek wishes.

All the best Jan

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are great...love that you do so much free hand, and what great color. Those feathers are too fun.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like the colors, the bird, the feathers, and the quote. Simply an elegant and beautiful journal entry for your theme at AJJ dear friend.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It has become a wonderful journal site. With the moon shapes with patterns and coloring it makes a great background. The bird and the beautiful collected feathers and the words make a fabulous interesting work of art. I love it!!!!
I do it like that when me and my sweetheart watch TV that I do something!
Have a good day,hugs Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this fantastic page, you have made so much great art this month! Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

That's a gorgeous background Erika, and the page you created is beautiful! I love the little bird.
Hugs,
Alison xox

Jeanie said...

I love how it all came together. The colors are great and I love the bird!

Neet said...

It is very much the same here - we sit together in the evening and watch tv but I cannot sit idle so I have something on the go - usually fussy cutting or colouring.
I like the idea of the background and then the additional things you put on. Love the clouds and the little bird but what inspiration you had to make that nest.
Sorry I have not been around much lately - now going to play catch up.
Hugs, Neet x

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool to see how you created this page full of great details! I love the bird, the pink sentiment section, and your words. So true - that is exactly what we do in life right - build a nest with whatever we find. Lovely! Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

It really does make a fantastic journal page ! I like to keep awake by keeping my fingers busy! Needlework, doodling, colouring or fussy cutting usually work - even though hubby says often "Are you watching this?" Have on eye on the TV! Hugs, Chrisx