Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Uplifting or Positive Quote


Hi everyone.  
We're starting a new challenge today at Try It on Tuesday, the first of 2021. This time we ask you to use an uplifting or positive quote on your art.

Here's my quote.

My page began with me drawing a background that  I didn't particulary like.  So I pulled out the bottle of white gesso and did a light sponging over my page. Now I was ready to make a page with it. 

I like it when I can take a page I don't like and make it something I do like. 

I picked this quote because of my initial background  art mistake. It  works for me to let mistakes sit a day or two until the idea comes to me how to fix them. I don't always want to wait to get the new idea, but I have learned it is better to just put the page away. I also hate the idea of a wasted page.  Of course this quote can work for lots of other things too, not just bad backgrounds. 

The sheep was stenciled, and I added some bits of printed tissue paper. Finally I added  some Art by Marlene punched out flowers and doodled the heart. 



It will be great to see all your Uplifting or Positive quotes. 
And don't forget to check out all the inspiration from the other design team members. There's a lot of Positivity this challenge.

I am also linking up to the Favorite Things challenge at Art Journal Journey

Thanks for visiting.

 

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page and I love the quote you used. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your art journal spread... the background, the sheep, your positive quote... just awesome!!! ((HUGS)) and positive thoughts sent your way! Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I'm always making mistakes on my pages, like Bob Ross I call them happy accidents as usually they take me in another direction and the page turns out wonderful anyway ....lol 😉. Love the sheep and the flowers and how you were lead to use this fabulous quote - perfect! Happy January and wishing you all the best for the New Year! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

i really don't know how I would manage without gesso! Your page is wonderful and I do have a little stencil envy! That sheep is magnificent! Love the quote, I'll bear that in mind!! Hugs, Chrisx

nwilliams6 said...

I need to play in this challenge! I have loved all those positive quotes.

Fun journal page, Erika. Love that you made it out of a page you didn't like - makes a perfect backdrop for your words. Fun stencil and flowers too.

Very inspiring page - love it! Hugz

Barbara said...

Such a positive thought! I’ll be watching for more of these. I love your background, so interesting. And the black sheep iextends the thought of how different we are. No mistakes, just differences. Well done!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, this turned out great, Erika. I am in awe of the background as well as the very positive quote. Thanks for another great entry at Art Journal Journey, too.

Marjut said...

I like your page, lovely colour and Quote is fantastic.
Happy New Year!

Iris Flavia said...

Great quote, thought and work!
Hmmm. gesso, one more technique to (maybe?) try (I have too much art supply I do not really use already).

To no mistakes today (hopefully, I´ll bake).

Joan said...

Great page and love the quote too

Joan x

Joan said...

Great page and love the quote too

Joan x

Mrs.B said...

I love the positive quote you used on your journal page Erika and that stencilled sheep is so cool.
Avril xx

Jeanie said...

Well, I have such a soft spot for sheep so I really love this. The colors, the quote, everything!

LA Paylor said...

I sure like your artwork, the blending and message

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm happy when my mistakes for this day aren't too bad ;)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love the quote and that journal page.
It is always great when it looks for the way when it comes to it, if a picture is not so popular.Fantastic!!!!HUgs Elke

Neet said...

That mistake certainly worked - I love the background. We have just had another (small) fall of snow and hyour picture is so wintry it transported me to the hills skurrounding us where no doubt there are several sheep huddling at the side of the stone walls the farmers build.
But your picture is more than that, it heralds springtime with the flowers popping through. A lovely page Erika
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

I've always loved sheep, and that quote is wonderful too! Great page Erika.
Hugs,
Alison xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

There's never any mistakes in art each mark has it's own personality it's what we add to it that makes it our very own. The beauty of a page we can put away until a better day comes our way. Great choice of words, the sheep looks well placed amongst those pops of spring.. it's within grasp now!!
Hugs Tracey xx