Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Numbers

 


Hi everyone.
 I'm going to start today's post with a tag for the latest Numbers challenge at Tag Tuesday
This time Pinky is hosting.
Numbers are always fun to use, and it is especially fun to find an old stamp you forgot you had, especially when it works for a challenge. 
I used an old TH stamp to create my number background around this doorway stamp from AALL & Create. I even added a street number to the doorway. 
And some sunshine in this dark time of year here in the Northern Hemisphere doesn't hurt either.

Sunday morning I went out for an early morning grocery shop. I was curious if any of the lakes around me were freezing over for the winter yet, as we've had a mix of some cold and more winter mild temperatures.  After shopping I took a little drive to see.


 The Big Lake (Winnipesaukee) is starting to freeze but not really frozen yet.

We had had a little snow earlier in the weekend, which then turned over to rain. Then it got cold and the slush froze. I like these footprints I found on the ground.


I then went over to Merrymeeting Lake which was not frozen by the  dam. I think there is a skim coat further out though. 


You can definitely tell it has been warmer this fall and early winter as many years (but not always) we are frozen over by this time. 
I included the rocks at the Merrymeeting boat ramp just because I liked the photo.


That's all for me. Have a great middle of your week! 







11 comments:

Mrs.B said...

That's such a great tag Erika and I love the quote you added. Lovely wintery photos of the lakes, stunning scenery.
Avril xx

Jeanie said...

That's another great quote and art!

Rick said our lake was barely frozen over (it actually happened while he was there) and that was the first weekend in December. By now it's probably fully frozen. I'm wondering what that thing is in the middle of the lake in the first picture or if it is an optical illusion and it is on shore.

CJ Kennedy said...

Great quote and I love that sun sticker. All your pictures are Brrrrr. Glad the sun came out today. Take care.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag with some great advice! Thanks so much for joining us again at TT! Love the photos, too, it looks cold! Great footprints! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

Love photos, esp the rocks. Milder fall And winter here too. I just assume it’s an effect of climate change. Erika, I think I put my camera about shoulder height for this first video. It worked out pretty well.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've only seen one lake frozen over, and I saw and walked on Reelfoot lake one year. It must be exciting to have that sight as a regular event!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really, really like that tag, Erika. I also like the positive quote, and the lovely door you colored beautifully.

It looks horribly cold there, but I see the lakes have still not frozen. These are some lovely photos, although they are making me shiver.

Mae Travels said...

Your photos are very pretty and make it almost pleasant to see wintery scenes. Myself, I can’t wait for spring!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the quote and art :)

So nice to see your wintry scene photographs.

All the best Jan

pinky said...

Your tag is super cool and such a great idea! Love the quote too. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

As much as I hate cold and snow, your photos are beautiful!