Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Mid-Week Art

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you.

     Today I am sharing some various art. I'll start with another page for Halle's I've Got a Notion challenge at Art Journal Journey. Although I don't have any actual sewing material on today's journal page, I do have some sewing themed paper pieces.


I have a few old sewing themed dies, and I used them here. The sewing machine, the sewing dress form and the bottom lace are all die cuts. In the center I used an old sewing themed embossing folder. I embossed the backing on a piece of packaging from a supply that I had bought. I have a whole pile of supply and other types of light cardboard/heavy paper that makes great die cutting, embossing and even used directly art pieces. The background of my page is  a Gelli print, and finally, I used an old rubber stamp several times on the page. I thought this quote, although not strictly about sewing, suggests all kinds of clothing one can make with a sewing machine. 

I also have another tag for Pinky's "Flowers"  challenge at Tag Tuesday. This time I  went a bit grungy. I’m not sure if I like this tag or not, but I don’t dislike it either. 😉 I also used a shaped die cut to make the base tag, and I also did some stamping to decorate it.



Before I end this post and since I'm not posting tomorrow, I want to wish everyone in the US a Happy Independence Day.


And to everyone, have a great couple of days! 




17 comments:

Barwitzki said...

You made two wonderful journal pages.
No. 1 with the sewing machine and tailor's dummy catches my eye particularly favorably and No. 2 with the wonderful flowers and color arrangement... this beautiful pattern on fabric plus a pair of scissors and sewing machine for me... yay, I think I'm in the 7th. Heaven :-))
Yes - happy 4th of July.

Angie's Recipes said...

Both are so colourful and beautiful. I like the Hope and Friend particularly.

Tom said...

...once again the week flies by, have a wonderful 4th.

lichazul said...

Nice tag , congrats 💐☺️ happy day

Jeanie said...

This is a fun piece, Erika. And happy Fourth to you, too!

kathyinozarks said...

Loved seeing your art and thank you for the 4th holiday wishes
Hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

I can imagine what is possible; I'm unable to bring it to life in the real world 😂

sirkkis said...

Both are beautiful, Erika, colorful and well done.
Inspiring week to you xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Two fabulous contrasting pieces of art! Love that colour choice in your AJJ page, hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the composition of the sewing page. I need to learn to like my gel plate because that is a great background. Thanks for this great entry using Halle's theme at AJJ.

That's a clever tag, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention, have a lovely Independence Day, dear.

Iris Flavia said...

Great pages.
When I lost my job Ingo bought me a Singer sewing machine, but I have sadly no talent. No inspiration.
Maybe one day I´ll learn...
Happy 4th to you! Hugs

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, I like your tag and grunge is not really my thing. It's very eye-catching, you did all the darks and lights well.
And a nice aj page as well. I like the pattern paper and the die cuts, also the border at the bottom.
Happy 4th to you and yours as well!
xoxo

Karla B said...

Lovely pages Erika! Love the colors@ vibrant!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika! Both piece are lovely, the sewing page and of course the wonderful tag. Hope you had a great July 4th, and have a great Friday, too. Take care! Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page and tag Erika!
Happy July!
Alison xx

Halle said...

What fun pages! The sewing piece is just perfect. Love the use of the sewing diecuts.