Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Wednesday is Here

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week.  Today I have a tag for Michele's challenge at Tag Tuesday and also a journal page for Halle's challenge at Art Journal Journey.

      Here's my journal page for AJJ.  Halle's challenge, as you probably know by now, is I've Got a Notion.


     I stamped the doily image multiple times on the background, and I also added some left over yellow paint as well as some brown ink. Then added the yellow cloth ribbon. You might have noticed it's gotten a lot of use lately. 😏This time to change it up I used some of the brown ink on it. I also added some yellow confetti sunflowers to it.  The other items on the page, except for the spools of thread, are stamped and fussy cut from an old sewing set from Paper Artsy. The spools are from an old sewing themed die set. 

     I stamped  some vintage thread cards (to the left of the spools) on some scraps of polka dot paper and then I wrapped a bit of waxed thread around them.  The sewing machine was stamped on some less transparent paper that came in some packaging. I also had/have a bunch of little hexagons there were the centers of another die cut. They are in a pile on my work table, and I added a few of those at the bottom of the page just because I thought they looked good.

     The quote didn't stamp well as the paper had a bit of a bite, so I enlarged it here. It says: "Each day brings its own gifts/Untie the ribbons".



And  for Michele's Celestial tag challenge, I made this one using a tag die  set  by AALL & Create I'd recently purchased.  

 

     I cut the outer layer out of some oaktag/ tag board  paper and the blue inside from scrap packaging. On the blue I stamped and heat embossed the  little white stars.  The  big stars came with the tag set. I die cut those and then used gold paint on them. The space ship and the quote came from an old stamp set by  Paper Smooches. I stamped and fussy cut the spaceship and it's flames, then I colored and added a bit of glitter glue to make it stand out more on the tag.
       
      I'm off for allergy shots this morning so that's all for me today. Enjoy your day!




24 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Love both pages,but #2 is my fav! To live boldly!!!
Have a happy Wednesday, hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

I like what you did with the background on the first page!

Tom said...

...Wednesday seems to come around like clock work.

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful art pages Happy mid week
Kathy

Katerinas Blog said...

I like them both!!
But more the first!

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially like Go Boldly!

craftytrog said...

Love your sewing themed page, and that tag is wonderful Erika!
Happy Wednesday!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Don't know if my first comment worked, but anyway I love both the page and the tag.
Hugs,
Alison x

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I like the first one the best; the colors subtleness and background.

Valerie-Jael said...

Good luck with the allergy shots, I hope they help. Your journal page is lovely, I'm running out of ideas for I've got a notion! Love the beautiful tag for Michele's challenge, too. Hugs, Valerie

Halle said...

How cool is that background! Lovely page for AJJ. Fun tag as well!

Anonymous said...

Lovely page and tag! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Mae Travels said...

I always enjoy the images of the historic sewing machines because I learned to sew on an old Singer that was already an antique when I used it. Nice images.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

sirkkis said...

Good quote on the page and the tag is sticking 👍
Happy day to you 😊🌺

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was surprised the sewing machine was a stamp. It is awesome. Great use of sewing and manikin. It's a great entry for Hale's theme at AJJ.

I LOVE that new tag die. It is amazing. And L love the heat embossed stars, etc.

Neet said...

Nice tag and journal page Erika.
That journal page looks lovely in amber and brown and I just fell in love with the sewing machine. It reminds me of an old Singer Sewing Machine mum used to have, in fact I think she used to have an old treadle machine at one time (giving my age away here).
The Peri Lusta tags remind me of something similar (and I am sure the same name here in the UK) that she used to have to mend her stockings. I wonder if I ever mended tights?
Hugs, Neet cxx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the sewing themed page.

Hope your allergy shots went okay.

Isn't this week flying by!

All the best Jan

Carola Bartz said...

Beautiful art work, Erika! I guess those challenges really keep you on your toes in terms of creating.
Do those allergy shots help? My husband once had them for a year (or even more) and they had no positive result for him.

Jeanie said...

You've been busy! Hope your allergy shots went well!

Michele said...

another wonderful celestial tag! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Michele said...

another wonderful celestial tag! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Michele said...

another wonderful celestial tag! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Michele said...

another wonderful celestial tag! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

pinky said...

I love your gorgeous journal page Erika. Full of gorgeous texture. The tag is excellent!! Love the shape and glitter, just perfect! Thanks so much for inspiring us at Tag Tuesday!