Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Time for a New Challenge

      Hi everyone. It's Tuesday, which means it's time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.  Thank you to everyone who joined our last "Things With Wings" challenge.

Our new challenge  is In The Garden.

     There are so many ways you can go with this topic, I don't think I even need to offer any suggestions. 😏 I went with a journal page for my design team example.


      While looking for one stamp in my stash, I found this great background stamp. It reminded me of a rug, and that made me think of outdoor rugs that someone might use on a patio, deck or screen porch.  I was also looking through my stash for some blue paper, and I came across a page that had some blue sky and white clouds. I used a white window frame (from 49 and Market) to frame the sky. I then die cut many leaves using a set from Sizzix that also comes with a distressing stamp. I then added lots of other leaves, berries and flowers from a pack of images (also from 49 and Market).  I added some glitter glue to the berries and some of the flowers. I also used a brown marker and colored in some of the plant pot you see at the bottom of the page. The quote is stamped from a set by Alison Bomber for Paper Artsy.


Be sure to check out the design team's pieces too. They're a talented group with lots of inspiration. 

Our In The Garden challenge runs for the next 2 weeks, and I hope you join us.

I am also linking up this journal page to Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge #106. The theme is always anything goes. 

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by my blog.


20 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful summery garden page! Loving all the flowers and foliage against the blue background - beautiful 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

It's a gorgeous page Erika! I love the background and foliage.
I'll definitely be joining in the challenge.
Happy new week,
Alison

Angie's Recipes said...

Lovely blue theme..The deep blue sky with fluffy clouds behind the window is so nice.

Viv said...

Lovely journal page Erika - we actually have blue sky like that today! x

Tom said...

...gardens can be quite a challenge.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely view both inside and outside of your window Erika! A wonderful inside garden and great sentiment too! I am so pleased to be Guest DT with all of you today! Julia xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Your lovely page reminds me of the Greek blue doors and windows I've since pictures of. Looks like the rain has stopped.

Iris Flavia said...

A great garden! When I look outside... We do have a "Garden", but no one uses it (and we have a balcony). Nice work, hugs - to summer!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I am amazed at the amount of detail that goes into something like this; the distressing, the glitter, love that window with the clouds in the background.

Christine said...

Lovely garden page

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous starting piece for the new challenge, love the c olours and style. You just keep getting better and better! Have agreat day, hugs!

Joan said...

Lovely page Erika, love the blue sky through the window ( a rare site this miserable English summer but we do have sunshine today)


Joan x

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely page that is.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm going to enjoy seeing entries for this theme!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really pretty Erika a window to the worlds garden, real food for thought.
That background stamp is a beauty, lovely in blue. A grand display of foliage, I can imagine a Victorian conservatory.. bringing the outside in!! Lovely.
Thank you for sharing with us @ Creative Artiste and always supporting our challenge. Hugs Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

A super quote you added to this beautiful garden page Erika. I've had a catch up and I loved the garden photos you added in the next post.
Yvonne

Jeanie said...

The layering on this -- fantastic!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning Erika! I love how you've done the pattern in the background and it looks exactly like a beautiful garden for sure! Beautiful quote too!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Erika, love the idea of looking through the window and your blue background reminds me of the blue post on my patio filled with flowers, just wish we had more blue skies.
Avril xx

Neet said...

Loving that background stamp - it reminds me of lace and made me wonder why yu did not link to AJJ with it looking so. Maybe it is just me who sees that.
It is a lovely page and the sky through the window is beautiful.
Hugs, Neet xx