Monday, July 8, 2024

T Stands for a Crazy Week

      Hi everyone. Happy new week.  It's once again T day over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog so also a hello to everyone stopping by with their drink post.

     As I write this I am giving a loud relaxing sigh. The hubby is back to work today after taking last week off.  Ha-ha I need a vacation from his vacation. 😏 It was a great week, but it would have been a little more relaxing if he'd planned on taking this week off more than 2 days before the week began. I had several scheduled appointments plus my lake job, and it was too late to change anything when he decided to take the time off.  Needless to say,  it was a very busy week. But he/we had a great week off, and we did have a lot of fun in between those scheduled appointments. 😀

      For T today I have some photos from our July 4th. We were up at my mother-in-law's home with just a few members of the family. I'll start with the food.


     We had a small crowd this year (only 6 of us), and the brother-in-law the chef made Detroit style pizzas. The cheeseburger pizza (the round one) tasted just like a cheeseburger complete with mayo, lettuce and tomatoes and pickles. It might sound unusual, but  it was delicious.  ❤ I made biscuits and brought fixings for some patriotic shortcakes.


     Before dinner everyone got some swimming in, including Maddie and Pete. Pete was happy my husband put the swim raft into place because he loves to swim out to it with me while I'm swimming my laps. I don't climb up on it, but Pete does. Then  he jumps in (rather ungracefully) and swims back to shore. 




Maddie has to wear a harness this year so if she steps off the dock we can easily retrieve her.Since she is   now blind, once in the water she starts swimming (which doesn’t bother her since being wet is how she’d chose to spend her life) , but she can't see how to get out. But she is always up for a little attention.


And after my swim, I had a cold beer and relaxed until dinner. This is my ticket to T this week.


After dinner we had a fire pit down on the dock, made s'mores, watched the evening come in, and then saw some of the fireworks that were going on downtown. 










The view would be (of course) better downtown, but at least there's no parking or traffic hassles when we watch them from  the dock.

Then it was time to go home and go to bed. I hope those of  you celebrated the holiday you had a lovely day.
And to everyone, have a great T day and week ahead. 








20 comments:

Mae Travels said...

You are very good to poor Maddie!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Looks like a fabulous July 4th!

Tom said...

...you had a festive 4th!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That pizza looks so good, Erika, as does your patriotic dessert. It sounds like you had a nice celebration on the holiday. Good to see Maddie being able to enjoy the water too.

hels said...

I envy Pete.. he seems to be having the perfect life.

Angie's Recipes said...

You absolutely had a great celebration! The dogs were having a good time too.

Iris Flavia said...

I SO read you! Ingo is 8 years older than me, go figure... I´ll still work when he retires and will be home every day....

I´d love to taste that pizza! "rather ungracefully" sure made me laugh. Oh, to swim... wonderful. Reckon 2026 again for me.
Maddie sure takes it well with going blind.
Beer´s looking good :-)
Wonderful pics of your lake. And the fireworks. Thank you for sharing this, hugs and happy T-Day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got really hungry reading your post. Of course I had to eat, after which I fell asleep. The Detroit style pizza looks wonderful. And your shortcakes look really, really yummy.

Loved seeing the photos of Pete and Maddie. Beautiful shots of the lake and fireworks. And of course, we can't forget your beer you had after your swim. Thanks for sharing your July 4th celebration with us for T this Tuesday, dear Erika.

Cloudia said...

I don't think any of you could be better than that! You live in a beautiful place and I'm sure Pete agrees! Aloha from Honolulu

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, you really had a wonderful time, as did your. . two, lucky dogs. They evidently enjoyed swimming. It must be paradise for them! Your food looks good, very good! Yummy! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Mbul Kecil said...

Very beautiful afternoon with lake view...
the dog is so cute
and the dessert like pavlova....
have a nice day

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks quite idyllic. But, as you say, sometimes at the end of it all you need a vacation from a vacation! All the best - David

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos Erika. It looks like you had a great celebration weekend.

Lisca said...

Well that Detroit style pizza looks a bit too much for me(too rich) and I would have loved to try the other one. It all looks rather delicious.What a great way to celebrate:on the water! Your sunset photos are beautiful.
The dogs look like they are having a great time blind or not.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Jeanie said...

What a great holiday. I'm glad your weather was good and you could enjoy the water. Love the raft and I'm glad Maddie can still swim and yet be safe. Happy she is there with you. The food looks great. I haven't had strawberry shortcake this year and now the berries are done. Sigh. I missed all the fresh ones. Your photos and the views are fantastic. It looks terrific in every way.

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika, that looks like a wonderful Independence Day - and it's definitely more pleasant by the water than in the city. I would have loved the pizza, and the patriotic shortcakes too :-) How nice that your dogs enjoy the water so much and that blind Maddie still has fun too. When our cat Nina became blind, we also had to change a few things - we had an agreement with our neighbors, who she loved to visit - in the evenings we picked her up from there or the neighbors brought Nina home so that she didn't wander around helplessly outside. She was a happy and beloved old blind cat and I think Maddie is loved and happy, too.

All the best and happy T-Day, Traude

https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/07/weltreise-2024-neuseeland-von-nord-nach.html

Divers and Sundry said...

The food looks delicious, the water looks like great fun, your s'mores setup is just right, and oh! that lovely view! It must be nice to have your own personal access to the fireworks display. Nice!

Karla B said...

Love the pictures, the dogs, the landscape. Everything is purê magic Erika!

CJ Kennedy said...

What a fabulous day! Berry shortcakes and fireworks, doesn't get much better than that. Today would be another day to spend by the lake. Stay cool. Happy T Day

Neet said...

Sounds a perfect way to celebrate the 4th July to me. Good food, good company, the dogs and some water plus more good food.
Love how Pete swims with you to the reft but I had a tinge of sadness at Maddie sitting there. I know she went in but I am sure it is not the same for her these days and being an old lady myself she has my sympathy. Not my eyes but my hips.
Great day for you all. Brilliant!
Hugs, Neet xx