Thursday, July 18, 2024

My Little Summer Book-part 1

Hi everyone. Happy Thursday.

     Today I have part of a project I have been working on. It's a tiny little journal that I am filling with summer pages.  The cover is made from some scrap cardboard that I painted. I will add a title and maybe a bit of decoration to it once I get done with the book.


     The inside is made from some index cards. I even had to cut the index cards down just a little bit so they'd fit in the cover boards. This book measures just a tad bit over 2x3 inches/ 5 x 7.6 cm. 


     Here's a few pages. Some of them are made by using up scraps from my work table, and some of them have been made using other items in my stash.


   When I photographed this next page the lighting reflected off the acetate seaweed on the left. The quote says "sea you soon", but it is underneath the acetate. I couldn't seem to find the right light to not get that reflection.







     This last page I am sharing with Halle's "I've Got  Notion" challenge at  Art Journal Journey .It might not be sewing themed, but I've used my notions in a different way.  It also might be really tiny, but I have added some cloth ric-rac trim as well as a stitched tag. The watermelon is an ancient foam stamp  that I painted and then stamped on my page multiple times.
 
     This book isn't finished yet, so I'll have more to share some other day.  That's all for me. I hope you are having a  nice day!


19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

So many fun pages! I love esp. the one with flipflops :-))

Tom said...

...gulls just want to have fun and EAT!

Jamie Ghione said...

Agree on the flip-flops.

CJ Kennedy said...

What an adorable book. You hit all the high points of Summer. Looks like the heat and humidity is breaking today.

Neet said...

I've been having a bit of an underwater vibe recently so your first pages are my favourites but I do like them all. To think it is only 2 x 3 inches makes one really appreciate the thought that has gone into each page. I love all things miniature so this is a top favourite for me.
Love how you did the last page for today so that it works for AJJ's challenge.
Brilliant post!
Hugs Neet xx

WendyK said...

Lovely journal pages Erika, great variety of different pages. Hugs Wendy, have a great weekend.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, what a fun journal
Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, you go tiny, too -nice! Great cover, too.
Love the flip flops!
You are so creative, I love them all!
Sea you soon,hugs!

Anonymous said...

Cute little journal! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your little book, so pretty! Sometimes the lighting is very difficult to cope with. Love all of the different themes, with flipflops, water-melons etc, great ideas! Hugs, Valerie

Katerinas Blog said...

Excellent job!! You have made a perfect book! I really like it, especially the flip flops page, it's summer!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun way to use index cards. You have some terrific and adorable pages. I am totally impressed. These all scream summer. "Gulls just want to have fun." Great play on words. The final spread is absolutely perfect for Halle's theme at AJJ, too. Love that rick rack.

Halle said...

Super fun tiny journal!! Love all the pages you've created so far.
Who doesn't feel a bit nostalgic when looking at rick-rack! <3

Lowcarb team member said...

Great idea. Your pages do look good.

All the best Jan

Carola Bartz said...

That's a fun little book and very summer-y. Good use of index cards! I hope you have some summer vibes for the rest of the week. Hugs - Carola

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this idea. Fun book!

Neet said...

Who does not love a little book? I adore making books and seeing books others have made and this is fabulous. I love the size of it to start with but the pages are so colourful and full of wonderful images. I especially fell in love with the first three pages.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jeanie said...

This is so cute and clever, Erika! I've made books before and they aren't always easy -- and then to have all the illusrations! Bravo!

*Vicki* said...

How adorable and fun is this book!! I love this idea and the fact that it's a smaller version that you can open up and enjoy along with the experimenting with different medium too! LOVE IT!