Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Wrapping Up July

Hi everyone. Can you believe it is just about the end of July?  
It's time for me to post my last page for Halle's "I've Got a Notion" challenge at Art Journal Journey It was fun thinking about sewing themed pages; I haven't done that for a while. And as usual, I get on a roll and then the month ends. 😏 Thank you everyone who joined in, or who will join in between this post and the end of the month. And Halle, I hope you had fun and you'll join us again soon.  Thanks for being a great host.



     I knew exactly what I wanted to do on this page. Funny how sometimes building a page is a process of unknowns and trying out ideas, and sometimes everything goes with a plan. This was a planned page, and I'm very happy with it.

     I have an old set of clear stamps that are the ends of thread spools. I stamped various ones in different colors.  The red felt heart was in my stash; I have a few that came in a Valentine's supply package. Before I attached it, I stitched around it on my sewing machine.  I also die cut the flowers and attached them to the page so they would be behind the heart. I used a white pen to add some depth, as well as some glitter glue and a white button for the middle  flower. To finish my page I used a couple of old word dies to make my quote for the page. I used the word sunshine because it is needed for the plants that flower to grow. 

    That's all for me for this month. Enjoy the end of July,  and I'll be back first thing in August with the new AJJ challenge. 






 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...where did July go, it seems like I was just at a 4th of July parade.

Terra said...

That is a pretty sewing themed page you created.

hels said...

The use of the word sunshine is life enhancing, yes.

Mbul Kecil said...

July is a time for warm weather, vacation, and outdoor activities....July is a time for celebration and enjoying summer season. ...for me July is a month full of fun and excitement, Have a nice day ^___^

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a lovely design! I love those flowers in the center..black against red..really pretty.

Iris Flavia said...

I refuse to believe July is gone already. Oh, but a lovely page.
Today will bring another summer´s day, yippeeee... hugs to that!

craftytrog said...

I love it when things go to plan Erika! This is a wonderful page with your stitched red heart. I love those spool labels too, perfect stamps for the background.
Here comes August! I'm looking forward to the next challenge :-)
Alison

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in awe of those thread spool labels. What a great set. I love the various colors you chose, too. Your sewing skills are amazing. I love what you did with the heart. And those flowers were great with the center a button on one. This is a perfect final entry for Halle's theme at AJJ.

R's Rue said...

Finishing the month with a flourish.

*Vicki* said...

I just adore the sewing on the heart! Very darling page! The button on the flower is perfect along with the colorful background to bring it out!

Christine said...

Lovely page to wrap up July

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, great colours, and I love the stamps you used. Hugs, Valerie

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Don't you love it when things go as planned. Does not happen often though. The page looks great and I love the spool stamps.

-Soma

Divers and Sundry said...

July fairly flew! Hard to believe we're in August already.