Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cook An Egg and Other Patterns in Journaling



Drawing and painting patterns,
STILL!
I love patterns.
I didn't realize that until I took the SEWN class offered by Dispatch from LA this summer,
but man, how can something so simple change my arting so much.
I have been making patterns.
Then using those patterns as my background.
Really like how that works out and how that looks.
This is a spread I did back in early September.
Kind of forgot I had photos of this one,
and came across them the other night.
And here's some other backgrounds I have started.
This one below is cheery and I'm thinking circus.
Lots of patterns.
And this one was doodled not painted nor stenciled.
And maybe I showed you this already, I don't know
but more doodled patterns.
Sprayed with some ink and I added this white paper lizard die cut I made, rather like him and his shape. Crawling over the patterns.
I am playing and playing with patterns and now going forward and adding journaling on top.
I will say that the SEWN class I took last summer from Dispatch from LA certainly got me thinking more than a lot of classes I've taken. A simple thought no less, just patterns.
Think it is taking me very far.
Happy Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

just fabulous!
Would be happy to welcome you once over on
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

xxx
Susi

Unknown said...

Your lizard page reminds me of the lizards and horned toads that I played with in my driveway as a child. Our driveway was covered in colorful pebbles that were each so different and beautiful.

Nancy B said...

Such bright happy colors and patterns! Love that little lizard and your sweet sun.