Saturday, October 26, 2013

Quick and Simple Cards-Halloween Style

1.
How about a bunch of quick and simple Halloween cards?
I'm also adding one of these on this week's Blogger's Challenge.
I know, last week was Halloween but this week is black and white with a splash of color.
Work for Halloween- right?
I don't see myself as a card making queen-
but I go for basic and simple.
They go off to the college daughter-
I send several each week.
Its great to get mail when you're in school,
I remember eons ago loving something in my mailbox-
hey wait-
I still love something in my mailbox.
And its great for me since my daughter Katie keeps all my cards
Since freshman year-
and now she's a senior!
That's a HUGE complement.
So card 1-up above-
This is just a Sizzix embossing folder which I inked directly on the folder to get the black background. 
Then I added a die cut voice bubble that I stamped.
2.
Too bad this photo isn't so great.
I embossed the spiders (Sizzix) and embossed the black strip (Anna Griffin) and I sprayed the strip with Perfect pearls to make it a bit glossy.
Then I used 2 Hero Arts stamps- the ghose and underneath a cat which I embossed in orange.
I wanted the figure to be like our cat in a ghost costume.
Then I added the word bubble which was stamped-like on the other card.
3.
I die cut the black arch and added it to the card.I outlined it in white to looked like stitches (ok, messy stitches but stitches are stitches.) The cute little goblin (Stampotique) was stamped twice-once on the card and once on paper. On the card it was a white image and on paper, black. Then I cut out everything except the arms and legs and popped it up on the card.
The moon is a circle die cut, sprayed yellow,  a little black paint added to look like clouds, and then I added the Impression Obsession witch die cut out. Saying is Stamp Francisco.
4. Super simple stenciled background, die cut gravestone-a bit sprayed and then stamped (IMpression Obessession) and a bit of added tape.
5. And below here-
Layered cardstockwith a bit of spray, stamped skull (Inkadinkado), stamped and cut spider web cut into 2 pieces to make the banner, die cut tombstones (Sizzix/Tim Holtz) and 2 plastic spiders and a wood tombstone.


6.
For this card I started by layering some gelli printed deli wrap (say that 5 times fast-ha-ha). Then I stamped, colored and cut out this fun spooky cat (Hero Arts), and die cut the words (Tim Holtz/Sizzix). Over the words I put some black Viva paintPen and then outlined them in white.

7. I used a Sizzix Framelit die to make the base of this card, and added a Spellbinder's cut witches cauldron.
The ghost is a cut I made with my new Scan and Cut.
Silly ghost trying to scare someone.
Ha!
And I've posted these before, but just in case you missed them.
8. Love this card. I used my scan and cut to cut the web which I designed.

and
9.
and finally, making it a nice even 10

And finally, this fun batty lady from Oxford Impressions.

I am so excited it is the weekend. Didn't realize how exhausting last week was until I got home last night and collapsed. Things to deal with with National Honor Society (my extra-curricular advisoring job at school), 8th grade open house, kids needing help, grading, prepping, getting exams ready...all part of the job but sometimes, man, it is a lot.
So hope you enjoyed all these cards. Probably kind of late for any Halloween inspiration but always fun to see what other people were thinking and created right when you're feeling the most full of holiday cheer-or should I say chills and spookiness.
Thanks for visiting.








No comments: