Monday, October 14, 2013

Travel Journalling

 This week's Simon Says Stamp challenge is nautical.
Thought I'd show you some of this travel journal I made a few years back.
Think its fairly nautical.
 We had travelled down to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a friend's 50th birthday bash. 
Since we had never been there, the hubby and I decided to make a little summer vacation out of it too.
We stayed a few extra days and did some sight seeing along with the beach.
 This journal was made in 3 steps.
1- I put the base together before we left on the trip.
2-I made the journal while we were there-that's why there isn't a lot of stamping but far more die cuts and tags and stickers-easier to carry.
3- I did a few little finishing touches when we got home.
 Hope you enjoy this view of some of my travel journal.


2 comments:

Lorraine said...

lovely bright pages

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I really enjoyed looking through this project! You made this a one-of-a-kind personal travel book and the bits of ephemera that you actually collected while traveling, combined with your own handwriting, made this piece really unique and special. You've inspired me to use more of my own scraps and odds and ends instead of always relying on manufactured ones! This is a true record of a wonderful trip and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!