Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday Face off

Hi everyone. Happy Friday. I hope you have something that makes you happy on your agenda for this upcoming weekend.  

Since it is Friday I am joining Nicole at  Friday Face Off , and I am also joining Gillena for her Friday Lunch Break.

And since it is Friday the thirteenth, I thought I would share the following journal page I made.


I'm not superstitious, but I hope the black cat crossing your path doesn't freak you out.

 I know the face in this old photo is pretty small too, but as you can see, there is a face.

I am also linking this post up to Mia's Add a Photo challenge at Art Journal Journey. I made this page on watercolor paper. I added some printed tissue paper, used some spray inks to color most of my background, and added a Tim Holtz photo image. The cat is a chipboard shape I painted. I then added some TH label tape, a piece of lace that I colored as well as some old buttons.  I also add the quote that I had stamped on white paper.

And here is a face for you from one needy pup. I was having a late day try-to-read-my-book moment on the couch when she decided I was to have other plans.


Also a few of you asked for my hummingbird cake recipe for the cake I showed on this past Wednesday's  post. Here it is; the only thing is it isn't scaled so all the measurements are in cups. I wish most US recipes came scaled because once I started using a scale I hate going back to cups. Food Network Hummingbird Cake

That's it for me this week.  Have a great MLK weekend if you're in the US, and if you aren't having a holiday weekend, I hope yours is still very nice too. 






25 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Erika that's a very creative presentation. Thanks for dropping by and linking to Art For Fun Friday.
Have a good weekend

Much❤love

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, the cake recipe sounds delicious! Love your journal page-I totally forgot today was friday the 13th, we usually don't go out on that day haha but we are pretty much home bodies now too. I do miss not having a fur family member any more. Happy Friday and weekend hugs Kathy

Tom said...

...yep, let the adventure begin! Make everyday an adventure!

Angie's Recipes said...

I love black cats :-) Cute needy dog just wants to be with his human.

Jeanie said...

Oh, with dog eyes like that, who could resist?

Reading backwards -- must check out your cake!

sirkkis said...

Nice page. I am not superstitious to black cats 😉
have a happy weekend 😍
We have very nasty rainy weather here.

Valerie-Jael said...

Books and dogs, hard to choose between them.Love your journal page. Thanks for the recipe! Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Good page for Fri 13th! That cake did look so delicious.

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the page. The first thing I saw was Ink! He brought lots of luck to me. Awww, Maddie looks so sweet when she wants a cuddle. A rainy day like today is a perfect day for a cuddle and a nap.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Friday the 13th! I want to pet that sweet dog :)

R's Rue said...

Happy weekend my friend.

The Padre said...

Dog Faces Are Rich With Character - Excellent Snap Shot In Time - Big Hugs On Friday The 13th

Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

You forgot the ladder ;-)
Nah, black cats are cute! For me it was a lucky day, as my Mum always stated. Hope yours was great, too, hugs!

Barbara said...

Your puppy face is so heartwarming. The perfect face entry!

craftytrog said...

That's a fabulous page Erika, I love the colours!
Sweet photo of your dog too.
Alison

DVArtist said...

I really love this piece. The colors are so good and the photo is beautiful. Also a great face shot of the dog. Thank you for joining FFO and have a lovely day.

The Happy Whisk said...

Such a cute pup!!!!!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Look like a friendly puppy dog. I posted some of my art.
Coffee is on and stay safe

carol l mckenna said...

Love the doggie photo ` ~ and creative artwork ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika! Your pup reminded me of when my parents had this big great dane who was a house dog, and whenever my dad would sit down on the couch to read, the dog would get jealous and put his huge paw down on the book and then look at my dad. LOL he always loved telling that story and I guess now I do too. Great journal page for Friday the 13th! I never realize anymore when we have those on the calendar so I'm always surprised. Hope your weekend is a good one, xoxo.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not superstitious, but every time a black cat crosses in front of my vehicle, something goes wrong. It doesn't matter how new the vehicle is. Having said that, it doesn't happen if I am walking and a cat crosses my path. I DO like the spread you created with that black cat, Using that ohoto is perfect for Mia's theme at AJJ, but I think Maddie is the face of the day!

Thanks for the recipe for the Hummingbird Cake. I watch a show on PBS called Cook's Country and a sister show called America's Test Kitchen. When they use scales, they give the scale weight AND the cup weight. They have a cookbook, too.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Nice your journal page, I like it very much how cute the dog look and the book is not that important anymore!
Hug- Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! The background colours look amazing and I love the black cat walking across the page 😊. Maddie looks like she needs a cuddle, just send her over here to snuggle and she can keep me warm. Take care and happy January! Hugs Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like that cat walking through your art. And I see how you couldn't resist that adorable face, giving you the sad eyes.

Neet said...

Your 'needy pup' reminds me of Judy, a dog I had as a small child. I remember I could do anything I wanted with her, much better than a doll for me. Plus she was a great companion.
That is a great journal page and very appropriate that is sports a black cat for Friday the 13th. It never occurred to me it might be crossing someone's path. Love how you built the background up with the tissue and the sprays
Hugs, Neet xx