Tuesday, January 17, 2023

The Party is Still Going On

 Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday to you.

As we have no top 5 over at Try It on Tuesday this week,  some of us are posting a second page for our latest challenge. If you haven't looked,  our latest challenge is In With The New.

You can use anything that's "new" for your art. Perhaps you have some new products or have a new technique you want to try. Maybe it's just a new idea you had. 

I know the  New Years celebration was a few weeks ago, but my page today is homage to that event.


I found these fun party people in a recycled fashion magazine. I embellished  them a bit, and after that, they made me think of a big New Years Eve bash. What's more in with the new than celebrating the start of the new year?


My background wasn't very exciting. I inked a page with black ink and then I added some scrap deli paper with pink paint on it. I found this grey sticky felt background while going through some supplies, and I liked how I added it to the background, so I put it on my page. 

I took some pink rick-rack and stitched it on my page. I wanted it to be crooked because this party has been going on for quite a while already.  You might notice the clock is past midnight, so I think the partiers are all either getting tired or perhaps by now they are very tipsy.  I glued a few sequins to that ric-rac, stamped the cheers word as well as my quote, and there you have it.

I am also linking up to Mia's Add A Photo challenge at Art Journal Journey

We hope you have lots of ideas for our In With the New and that you join us over at Try It on Tuesday. It would also be great to see your art journal page (no cards)  at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for visiting.







12 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

The model with the top hat looks very serious about her partying. I'm not much of a pink person, but I like the way the pink and grey look on your page. Hooray! The sun's out! I hope the sun is out at your house, too.

Christine said...

Lovely festive page!

Iris Flavia said...

Great page!
Oh, yes, when we were young...
Not anymore these days. And I don´t even miss it! Hugs and (again) to 2023!

DVArtist said...

I really love this. The pink pops beautifully. Have a lovely day.

Jeanie said...

I like the pink and gray -- it looks great!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

A fun page.

Lowcarb team member said...

I just love the pink.
It's my favourite colour.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous twofer, Erika. I like the top hat and the New Year's party idea. That is a BIG star! Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ using Mia's theme.

Joan said...

Love your New Year Celebration page Erika, such fun !

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic. I love this.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous page! Loving your New Year's celebration, the models look like they are having fun and the pink and grey is a gorgeous combination 😊. Thanks for the inspiration and sending you happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Neet said...

I always like pink and grey together. I am a silver grey kind of person when it comes to clothes - just look in my wardrobe - and so I often find a pink looks well with the grey.
I think it is a great page and certainly spells out Happy new Year to me. I just hope the party goers all had a good time with all the glitz and glamour.
Hugs, Neet xx