Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Wednesday Art

Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week. I'm having  a quiet week this week, so along with making some art, reading and walking (when it isn't raining), I am giving my house a good start to the new year cleaning. If only I could keep this cleaning streak up all year long-smile.

Today I have another page for Mia's Add A Photo challenge at Art Journal Journey. My page today started when I found this chipboard frame in a box of assorted art supplies.


The frame was unpainted so after I picked out my background paper (pink with a stenciled white design), I painted the frame pink and added some black and white details to it. Then I used a magazine cut out face to fill it in.

The hummingbirds came from a napkin that I received back in the 2022 T day napkin swap.I can't remember who sent this one with the hummingbird, but thank you whoever did send it for this lovely choice.  These hummingbirds are beautiful and worked great on my page. I should also say I first added some silver tape along the left edge because that side of the stenciled design looked a little ragged before I added the hummingbirds.

Finally  I added some little plastic bobbles and some paper flowers with leaves as well as stamping the quote.


And I also wanted to share a tag for Valerie's New Year, New Beginnings challenge at Tag Tuesday


This one has an Alice in Wonderland theme, but it could be anyone really. The start of a new year is the start of new adventures. 

To make my tag I used some paints,  a black Sharpie and a white pen, some scrap paper, an Alice image as well as a stamped quote and some little foamy confetti pieces.

There you have it. I hope you're having a great start to 2023 and a nice week also.
Thanks for visiting.

 

15 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Beautiful pages! I love esp. the Every Adventure is Worthwhile.

kathyinozarks said...

awesome art Erika, I have been a bit stumped with the photo challenge.
enjoy your wednesday hugs from the lake Kathy

Iris Flavia said...

What a very beautiful woman!
And page you created!

Oh, Alice. I once saw it. With my Mum and Bro on a laptop on little Island Rügen on her last holiday.
Bitter-sweet memories.
Thank you and hugs

Jeanie said...

Lovely, Erika, but I'm especially wild about the Alice tag!

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page. The woman looks like she's counting the days until she sees hummingbirds again. The tag is very cute, too. Looks like slippery weather for tomorrow. Take care.

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page with the birds and that beautiful background Erika. I love your Alice tag too, I'm looking forward to new adventures this year.
A happy new year to you,
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Both of your art pieces are wonderful, and I'm very happy that you made a tag for my challenge, thanks so much. Glad you had a nice, arty day. Mine was busy- busy, lots of therapy and examinatioons. Hugs, Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that tag. She's looking forward to new adventures :)

Neet said...

Love your Alice tag.
What a delightful pink page and such a good idea to se that frame in that way, something I might have to copy at some time, The birds have added some contrast to the otherwise pinkness of the page and work beautifully with the main subject.
Hugs, Neet xx

DVArtist said...

I am not a pink person but this is just beautiful. Well done my friends.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

An imaginative, beautiful journal page and beautiful day!
I hope they got everything cleaned the way they intended!
Hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such a lovely page- the frame is perfect on your beautiful background paper! Your Alice tag is fabulous- hope we can have some adventures this year, hugs, Chrisx

pinky said...

Such lovely projects today Erika. I love your journal page, the frame is perfectly placed. Your tag is just gorgeous, who doesn't love an Alice theme! Happy New Year to you! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Erika! What a beautiful page you created! I especially like the birght pink you used! And that photo is absolutely gorgeous! I also LOVE the amazing "Alice" tag you created! And thanks so very much for your visit to my blog! I cannot tell you how much it made my day! THANKS and HUGS, Sharon

NatureFootstep said...

I love yourtag. A piece that starts your imagination :) Love it!