Thursday, January 12, 2023

The TIME is Now

 Hi everyone. 

I mentioned  back on January 1 that I was a special guest over at More Than Words this month. I'm thrilled to be asked, and thank you ladies  for having me join you this month. It's very much appreciated.

This month the theme is TIME, and I created a double page spread about the concept of time. It was a fun theme for me as  I like old fashioned clocks and clock faces. Plus the whole idea of time is interesting. I like to think about "time travel" and what places would be like if I could go back to them in another decade, century or even era. And I often wonder what people would think if they could come to our time from some other time period also. I'm guessing they would probably be overwhelmed and want to leave as our lives move pretty fast.

The design team at More Than Words has some other clever ideas on this theme so be sure to check them out.


I inked my background paper with similar blue and pink  as my background papers. Then I used these 2 very old Tin Can Mail stamps I have. Measuring the days and months is so much about time.

 I added my background papers  as well as a bit of printed tissue paper. Some of my background paper was plain and needed  a bit of something.

I cut the giant clock as well as the smaller clocks out of a couple  of sheets of printed paper. The gears are chipboard that I painted with metallic bronze paint and then inked with some black ink. I used letter stickers for the word time, and I stamped a few quote off of an ancient Postmodern Design rubber stamp word block stamp.






Be sure to check out the More Than Words digital magazine  as well as their website too.

Thank you again ladies for inviting me to join you this month. 







17 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Congrats on being special guest!
And I read you! My parents both were watch makers and here it´s clicking along!
Also... Quantum Leap is one of my fav series.

And... teamleader just told me to shut off the work-PC and do the taxes, it´s about time!
Your blog is the last for now, then I will do the darn taxes (and go back to work later).
Great post, so fitting, thank you and hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

Love this inspiring page! Enjoy the moment!

Empire of the Cat said...

Well done Erika, I love your fantastic project! I love a bit of time travel too, actually reading a book about it at the moment! Elle/EOTC xx

Mae Travels said...

Your interesting incorporation of shapes of gears and round clock faces makes a very pleasing collage! It’s a retro way to picture time as now the time pieces are mainly electronic, not mechanical. Or we use the celestial ticking to get a sort of absolute time: that in a way goes back to the ancients who told time by observing the sky and the heavenly bodies.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

ashok said...

Interesting composition...i would love to have it on my office wall

CJ Kennedy said...

Very cool page. The clock and gears look like the opening titles for the 12th Doctor.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous art journaling and congrats on your special spot, well deserved! Time Travel would really be fun! Have a great day, Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely pages Erika.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you had the time to create and show us these pages, Erika, and sorry for the awful pun too😉. But, seriously, the pages were creative and fun to see in this post.

Jeanie said...

Those are beautiful and very complicated and mesmerizing layouts/designs. Lovely, Erika.

Divers and Sundry said...

Congrats on being invited :) That's a thought-provoking spread here at the beginning of the year. I love the backgrounds.

craftytrog said...

A fantastic project! I love it Erika.
Congrats on your guest spot.
Alison

Aimeslee Winans said...

Congrats on your special guest gig, Erika! This is a gorgeous project. Happy weekend, xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Erika. I was SURE I had left a comment on this post. I saw it earlier in the month when Elle shared the flip through book. Regardless, this is wonderful and so well done. You made a fabulous guest designer and I loved seeing you in your new stdio, too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Many congratulations on your Guest Designer Spotlight! I so enjoyed reading the post over at the More Than Words challenge and your answers to the questions - fabulous 😃. Your Time pages are amazing with all those clocks - stunning! Hugs Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic time art.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Congratulations on the GD spot. I love all of your clocks - I love the idea of Time Travel, although I'd like to pick and choose a bit though. Hugs, Chrisx