Tuesday, January 10, 2023

In With the New

Hi everyone. 

It's time for our first challenge of 2023 over at Try It On Tuesday. I hope everyone who stops by had a wonderful and creative holiday as well as having a happy new year so far.

Our first theme for 2023 is In With The New.

I made a journal page about reading, because starting a new book is always exciting. And if the story is a good one, reading the book is also fun.


My background is made by stamping some alphabet letters and then giving the page a good spray with some blue and green inks. Once they dried I added some bits from a book page as well as some printed (with handwriting) tissue paper. My main images are all stamped book and reading themed pieces. I stamped them on white paper, colored and then fussy cut them. Before I glued them down on my page, I laid them out where I wanted them. I lifted them up and was then able to give my page a bit more of a dreamy feel but sponging  some white gesso around the parts of the page where there were not going to be any images. Then I went back, added my images as well as a few little metal stars.

At TIOT we accept all types of art, and you have 2 weeks to enter. I'm curious to see what topics people will pick with this new theme.

And you definitely need to check out the design teams ideas because there's so many ways you can go with this theme.

Thanks for visiting, and I look forward to seeing your In With The New ideas. 

 

13 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Great page!
Oh, I did it again. Two books at one time, will I ever learn?
I have no idea on this subject, sadly. There is nothing new coming in!
Other than... books! ;-)
Hugs from here

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, reading is always so good. Hugs, valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

For some of us I am sure that books are the glue that binds. Yesterday, I met up with a good friend who I hadn't seen in a while for coffee, and what did we talk about for almost an hour and a half? Books! I had taken one to lend to her and she brought one to lend to me. We have similar interests and similar tastes so it's always fun to explore the nuances of a book together. And the coffee was good too! To cap it off she gives world class hugs. What could be better than that? Hugs - David

The Happy Whisk said...

Super duper creative. Love the chair. So fun. I'd read in that!

CJ Kennedy said...

A dreary day today and the perfect day to read a book or make art. Or make an art book! Enjoy your day

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm particularly struck by the background. Wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

Hello,
I'd love to subscribe to your blog but I don't see a link on the sidebar.
Can you help?

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fab page and your inspiration of starting a new book is great, I always enjoy starting a new book. I'm loving the page you designed too 😊. Take care and Happy New year, wishing you all the very best for 2023! Hugs Jo x

Darla said...

You created a lovely page, makes me feel like picking up a book right now. I have a few unread ones to choose from.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika and I totally agree that starting a new book is a good way to spend some free time. If is a good story its often hard to put the book down and get on with the routines of the day.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm almost at the end of a book I started before Christmas- I'll be deciding what my next book is soon! Your page conveys all the enjoyment of starting a new book. Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love you take on the theme - starting a new books is always a thrill - wondering what adventure/mystery you will find in the pages.
Happy New Year, hugs, Avril xx

Joan said...

A lovely page Erika and what’s nicer than a new book and a comfy chair to sit and read in, heavenly !


Joan x