Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Our New Challenge at Try It on Tuesday

 Hi everyone. 

It's been 2 weeks since our last challenge began Try It on Tuesday. and that means it's time to end that challenge and start a new one.

For our new challenge we're thinking either of a season or of a color as our theme is

Winter Blues.

I have a journal page to share that is both an ode to winter and to blue.


I started my page by using matte medium and some scraps of some snowflake tissue paper that came in a Christmas gift I received. I then sprayed my page with some blue ink, and before it totally dried I rubbed it with a wet baby wipe. 

I then layered a piece of printed paper that was blue and very wintery looking with the gold metallic wrapping from a hot chocolate bomb. I liked the shiny gold and the crinkly look of the wrapper. I stitched both of those down on my page.


I had some chipboard pieces that I painted gold (but  sadly you can't tell in these photos) and then aged with some brown ink.  I added the gear corner as well as the moon over the large buckstag that was printed on the paper. Lastly I stamped the quote and added it to my page.

You have 2 weeks to join our new challenge, and we accept any type of art. Just make it wintery or blue. And please be sure to check out the other design team members art for some inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. It is always much appreciated. And as always, I'm looking forward to seeing how you interpret this challenge.

And just an FYI, I'm out of town for a few days so depending on what we're up to,  I might be late stopping by to comment.

Have a great week!



13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your fabulous and wintry journal page. Have fun out of town, hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

This page looks so good. I love the metallic touch...and how creative using the chocolate wrapping!

Fiona said...

Oh I love this - I rarely share my journal pages. Love the colours you've used.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely. I like the deer, the moon, and the colors. I bet it's very shimmery. Did you get a lot of snow yesterday? Our totals got bumped up 2-4 and according to the news my town got 4.6". Not looking forward to Wed.

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful page and wish I just sketched a deer, but it looks awful compared with your work (oh. so. I had fun doing it anyways!)
To a happy (holi-)day, hugs

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic artwork.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful wintery blue page! I love the Stamperia Paper that you used of the stag with the blue background and I bet the shine from the recycled gold wrapper looks amazing 😊. Wishing you a wonderful week and Happy Travels! Hugs Jo x

Carola Bartz said...

Such a fabulous page - I think this is one my favorites of your art work that I have seen. Beautifully done, Erika.

Jeanie said...

Beautiful example of doing a wonderful match for the challenge. I love thi sone. It's magical!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika, I love all the textures you added, the blue shades and all the detail in the background as well as those super animals.
I have enjoyed my catch up and the super photos of your recent outings and the hunt for the owls.
Have a good week.
Yvonne xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beuatiful textures and colors on this spread. It's very wintery looking and I love both the background snowflakes (tissue and chipboard) and the white stitching that mimics the look of snowflakes. Really cool combination of schtuff used, too. Hope you and hubby are enjoying your getaway, xoxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your page Erika- the gold looks wonderful against the blues. I love the paper you used. I am on catch up again (what's new?) Hugs, Chrisx

Anke said...

WOW Erika your wintry journal page is so beautiful, fantastic art.

Hugs
Anke