Monday, January 9, 2023

T Stand for Ice (Cream)

Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday once again. It is time for T over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.

I had a quiet week since the last time we met. It was not very cold for January, but we had lots of clouds, rain, and even some snow. It was a good week to (mostly) hibernate home, make art, read and do a few new years cleaning projects that have been on my list.

 For T day this week I'm going to take you walking again. I haven't been able to do too much walking on my road lately because my road is gravel/dirt. It had frozen but then as it had warmed up a bit it started to thaw making mud. Yet when it isn't muddy and it isn't raining or snowing, I usually try to take the dogs out for a stroll. 

Over the past few weeks I've been seeing  some cool ice views when  I pass by some of the brooks while taking my walks. I thought today I would share some with you for T. I hope you have a nice warm drink in your hands while you read this post so you don't shiver too much looking at them. Smile.


All the shapes and forms ice can take on are pretty interesting to me.







And my drink for T this week, let me share some not quite so icy water and a fun lunch my husband and I had one day when it felt more like spring at the start of the New Years holiday weekend.


It was warm enough for ice cream, and I was thinking of getting a cup at our local restaurant. The window hasn't been open since early October, so when we went inside to order an ice cream, my husband suggested we get a table and have sundaes instead.  That didn't take much arm twisting as I love a hot fudge sundae. (And I hadn't had one in forever either.) I had mine with coffee ice cream.  My husband had cookie dough ice cream in his.I don't think whoever shook up the whipped cream did a very good job with it though. Even though it still tasted yummy.

That's all for me today. Have a great T day and week ahead.







23 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Hey Erika! We used to have a gravel drive and boy, come spring so much of it showed up on the grass, from all the shoveling.

The ice and the ice cream pictures were very cool. Wishing you a fun week ahead. Cheers, Ivy.

Mae Travels said...

The icecream looks wonderful. Great treat!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Erika, awesome ice photos-I loved seeing those! I have some of my keto ice cream in the freezer still and I keep thinking I want a scoop-Now I want some for sure-smiles-yours looks good despite the deflated whipped cream. the flavors sound really good too.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Carola Bartz said...

Your ice photos are all lovely and you are right, the shapes and forms are so interesting. I have always loved all the ice formations we saw in Yosemite. Simply beautiful. Your sundae looks delicious, and I probably would have chosen coffee ice cream as well. Have a happy T day and a good week, Erika. Hugs, Carola

Iris Flavia said...

It is beautiful indeed and Mother Nature sure has a sense of humor - that one below looks like a ghost!
Ice cream in winter, LOL!
Here it´s cold, bur bearable.
And. like you, Ingo cools his water in the fridge even now. Whilst I make tea.
Funny. Have a great T-Day, hugs! And to summer soon...

Angie's Recipes said...

Ice cream in Jan. wow...that's a cool idea :-) Those ice shots are so beautiful, Erika.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those ice photos are qute impressive. If I weren't so cold, I would appreciate them better. The good nnews is, the house is now about 50 F (10 C), so I can't understand why I am not warm. I was especially drawn to the ice more than the snow. Ice is scary, brutal, and beautiful.

Ice water and ice cream made for a great way to end this really icy post. Thanks for sharing all that ice with us for T this very icy inspired Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous ice photos, love them very much. the ice cream looks good, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Catching up. You have had some pretty intense ice! The photos are gorgeous! On to the next!

DVArtist said...

These are wonderful photos. Hey, ice cream in any form is good any time of the year. Have a great day.

CJ Kennedy said...

All the ice looks like it's from another world. Still took cold for ice cream for me, but your sundaes look delicious. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

The ice looks so pretty, like a wonderland, though it's scary to navigate.

You had me at coffee ice cream. Sign me up! :) Happy T Tuesday

jinxxxygirl said...

Erika those icy photos are just lovely.. so weird and cool looking at the same time.. And anytime is a great time for icecream in my book..lol Happy T day! Hugs !deb

Let's Art Journal said...

Glad you've had a good week and have been staying warm mostly hibernating - sounds perfect 😊. Those ice photos are amazing and wow, that ice-cream looks so good and big enough to share with me if I'm lucky ...lol! Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Lisca said...

Beautiful ice photos! But I must admit they make me feel cold. And now I'm making myself a hot drink.
Your sundaes look really scrummy.Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Erika, love those icy photos, it is fascinating to see it melting and how pretty it is. Glad you're enjoying Star Trek SNW, it was good to see Anson Mount in something else (did you ever watch Hell on Wheels?) We will see how my reading goes this year, last year, I discovered a couple of series that I got my teeth into, but not sure what I will be reading this year, and I might not find anything as good. Our book group book this month is the Dutch House by Ann Patchett, so that will be my next read. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Sharon Madson said...

Wow, you have had some icy weather. Oh, and I can eat ice cream anytime! LOL Happy T Day.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ice always creates some beautiful patterns as you have shown here, Erika. It has been too wet and muddy to go on walks in a nearby park, so I have been walking indoors on the gym treadmill while listening to audiobooks, currently Call the Midwife. As you may already know, we are ice cream fans and it has sadly been quite awhile since we have enjoyed any, so your treats looked delicious.

Kate Yetter said...

I am ALWAYS cold but Icee Cream sounds amazing right now! YUM! I bet you enjoyed your Sundaes.
Loved seeing all the ice formations from your walk. They are each unique and beautiful.
I am a little late this week.
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Amila said...

These ice photos are really cool. Though I don't have real experience with ice or snowy weather, I like looking at such beautiful views. And, ice cream is always a good treat. This ice cream looks delicious.
Thanks for sharing with us too. Have a great T day!

Aimeslee Winans said...

That's the good thing about whipped cream, it's not the air in it that tastes so yummy, lol. Both Sundae flavors sound fabulous, xoxo

NatureFootstep said...

Hi Erika, you got some really great ice photos here. I tried to find a favorite but couldn´t. But the soft ones in the middle is really stunning. Your icecrem made me remember I don´t have any right now. Forgot it last time shopping. :(

pearshapedcrafting said...

What brilliant photos- frozen flowing water is fascinating! Hot fudge sundae looks like a great idea.
I only have one Granddaughter, so yes, she came with me to Paris last year and is currently in Australia with her other Grandmother visiting relatives. It sounds as though she is having a fabulous time. Hugs, Chrisx